• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Arturo!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, muchisimas gracias al Maestro Sandoval for sharing all his knowledge, experience, and precious advices gratis in such videos :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXmUvaEVFVo
We can see all his love for music, trumpet, and that he want to share with everyone.
Once again, many thanks Maestro Sandoval !
Jazzalive
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arttrumpet wrote:
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments, I'm blessed to have so many great friends that we share our love for music and our beloved trumpet!!! "Trumpet Evolution" is by far my favorite album ever, it pays my respect and admiration for all the artists that I admire and respects over so many years paying attention to the details and all the nuances in their artistry.

Mr. Sandoval, thank you for chiming in on this thread. You are a living legend and a true trumpet master. I've seen you several times in performance here in the Bay Area and you ALWAYS inspired.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent.

Tim Curry
ML52K
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Trumpet Evolution years ago. My first impression was that it sounded rough, a little. I was thinking that the songs should be really polished. I went a number of years thinking that.

By some whim, I went to youtube and listened to the originals. Then it hit me: Arturo picked up every nuance from the original artist, from original recordings. When I realized this, I was truly blown away. Every song, a reproduction of a great. All the greats. The result of one artist--Arturo.

Now, this is the single most played album I have on my iPhone. I travel to work for an hour 2 times a week. Almost every afternoon, while I travel home, quietly, and to wind down, I play "Trumpet Evolution." And every time, I pick up another little nuance from a great that Arturo captures as well.

For my birthday, my wife really surprised me: tickets to see Arturo and his ensemble in Corning, NY, on September 23. It was a beautiful weekend to travel. Lots of colors in the leaves. We made the best of time off, taking a relaxing trip down.

I have few opportunities to play, practice only a little, talk trumpet a lot: it was a great part of my high school and college life. My wife tolerates me, and I am sure she was expecting just trumpet.

What a concert! Arturo played his horns ( I took pictures of the 2 horns on the stage--please don't flame me, I'm just a old giant nerd!) He played wonderful piano! He accompanied on percussion. He injected humor into the performance with stories. He rendered music opinions. And, he came off stage and sang "When I Fall in Love," walking right in front of us as he sang.

We were both impressed, blown away! It was a performance from stellar artists that I am so pleased to have attended. All of the members were really artists. Kemuel Roig was really impressive on piano.

If you ever get a chance to see Arturo, don't miss it!
Grits Burgh
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jhatpro wrote:
Wow!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z1nOfbQ_GwU

This is my all-time favorite recording of Arturo, even though (or maybe especially because) he basically never plays above the staff, they all just make lovely music...

I listen to Arturo's video of "There Will Never Be Another You" about once or twice a week. It makes me smile every time. Music just doesn't get any better than that.

On a separate note, check out Arturo's vocals here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qV2EgzkgD0

You simply cannot listen to this music and not smile. I think that if you took away Arturo's trumpet and dropped him off in the middle of the Sahara, he would find a way to make joyful music with sand.

Warm regards,
Grits
King Master Bb Cornet (1945)
B&S 3145 Challenger I Series Flugelhorn
Life is short; buy every horn you want and die happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Performers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: