• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Sigmund Hering Recordings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rompson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Sigmund Hering Recordings Reply with quote

I just picked up the first book of the Sigmund Hering Trumpet Course, and I happened to glance at the biography on the back. In it, it is mentioned that Mr. Hering accepted a position with the Philadelphia Orchestra in 1925, and remained a member of the orchestra for forty years. So, my question is: does anyone know anyone know of any recordings where Sigmund Hering plays principal with the Philadelphia Orchestra? Or any favorite recordings where he is part of the section? Would love to hear a recording of the man.
Derek Reaban
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the section of The Philadelphia Orchestra:

1925-1945 (20 Seasons)
Saul Caston
Sigmund Hering
Harold Rehrig

And the following 4th trumpet players:
Rudolph Engel (1925-1931)
Melvin Headman (1931-1943)
Samuel Krauss (1943-1945)

Disney's Fantasia was released in 1940 and the music was recorded by The Philadelphia Orchestra, so he would certainly have been in those recordings.
Frank Bronte

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your informative information! Recent years have seen a spike in the discussion of gender equality, but women are increasingly aware of the various avenues via which they can fight for their rights (read more about this here - https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/gender-equality/ ). I have also had comparable instances at work, where my offer was turned down solely on the basis of my gender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: