• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Ultra Pure-- Ultra Light valve Oil. WOW!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hogerheyde

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Ultra Pure-- Ultra Light valve Oil. WOW!!!!! Reply with quote

If you have a new horn with tight fitting valves, you have to try Ultra Pure...Ultra Light valve oil. My valves on my new Stomvi horn felt very sluggish using regular Ultra Pure valve oil, to the point that fast chromatics were driving me crazy. (Clarke 1). My fingers were on the down stroke before the valves were all the way up. Bought some Ultra Pure...Ultra Light valve oil, thinking it probably won't make much difference. I was sooooo wrong. This valve oil is super fast and yet still very smooth. Do yourself a favor and try it for yourself if you have tight fitting valves.

The way you play today is a direct result of how you practiced yesterday.
Make tomorrow a great day.
TheBrassBandMajor
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Light' Oil is supposed to lighten the action up. I tell you welcome to the world of Ultra Pure Oils. They are the next generation of valve oils.
A.Windisch Silber-Deluxe, Dresden
Couesnon 'Triebert Moderne' piccolo
Conn 'Connstellation' 28A
SO many more trumpets.....
upoils
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Our Ultra-Pure Ultra-Light Valve Oil is available here: [edited July 2, 2019 with new URL]:
https://www.ultrapureoils.com/product-page/ultra-pure-ultra-light-valve-oil-upo-ultralight-59ml-2-fl-oz
-Ken
ken "at" ultrapureoils.com

Last edited by upoils on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Benge.nut
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upoils wrote:
Thanks Steve. Our Ultra-Pure Ultra-Light Valve Oil is available here:
http://ultrapureoils.com/shop/lubricants-for-musical-instruments/ultra-light-valve-oil/
-Ken

This ultra-light stuff is the only oil that worked on my newer Schilke Bbs. The tolerances on new Schilke trumpets are super tight, and Ultra Pure worked every time.
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benge.nut wrote:
upoils wrote:
Thanks Steve. Our Ultra-Pure Ultra-Light Valve Oil is available here:
http://ultrapureoils.com/shop/lubricants-for-musical-instruments/ultra-light-valve-oil/
-Ken

This ultra-light stuff is the only oil that worked on my newer Schilke Bbs. The tolerances on new Schilke trumpets are super tight, and Ultra Pure worked every time.

Exactly the planned goal for the light formula, and exactly what it was developed to achieve. My Schilkes love the light formula. My Bachs prefer the regular formula. All of them have been improved with the new formulation that Ken created a year ago. Great oils!
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
jhl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a 2-year-old thread, but since I have had such good results with Ultra Pure regular weight (Professional), I wanted to add my endorsement to what others were saying. The only oil that comes close to the Ultra Pure is the old formulation T2, but the Ultra Pure adheres to the pistons longer and smells 100x better. For me, on all my horns from the 50s through the 2000s, Ultra Pure far outperforms Hetmans 2, Monster Regular, Berp Bio Oil (all weights -- I wanted to like it but it does gunk up eventually wherever I've tried it), to name the collection of bottles I have. Ultra Pure coats and adheres much better than any oil I have tried. And its consistency makes for the fastest performing oil by far.
upoils
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice comments! Yes, this is an old thread and you should know that our valve oils have not stood still over that time but have been evolving gradually, now better than ever. If you have not tried Ultra-Pure valve oils recently, please visit our new website at www.ultrapureoils.com

Thanks, Ken
ken "at" ultrapureoils.com
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try it on my new Yamaha. I've been pretty satisfied with Hetman #1, the best I've tried on my Schilke pic, less prone to freezing up.
jazzvuu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Hetman user for the passed 15 years since been introduce to it by my college trumpet professor. After seeing the rave about Ultra Pure I decided to give it a try as I did notice that the Hetman do create an odor over time and had some yellowish fluids when cleaning and spit valve and Ultra Pure is not supposed to have those effects.

I gave it 2 weeks and I tried all 3 thickness options (light, regular, classic). It is true in the 2 weeks there were never smells or discoloration but I did not like the feel and my 1st valve keep hanging up. I would have to wipe and re-oil twice in a 30 minute warm up session. Valves never felt as slick as Hetman. Best analogy is Hetman was ice skating on a great pair of ice skates and Ultra pure was roller blading. It works but just not as smooth for me.

And I did a thorough bath of the horns before switching oils (and now currently doing it again to switch back). And my horns are Yamaha Artist models that are well taken care of with my C and Bb being about a year old.

Maybe it is my body chemistry or I have not ideal fingering technique and angle but I could not make Ultra Pure work for me. Now my band director co-worker swears by it and claims it is so great he oils his horn once every few months cause it stays and does not evaporate.
tristanpthomas

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was always curious about Ultra Pure valve oils!. At the time I had just purchased new Yamahas and I was kinda particular in using Yamaha oils..
WigglePig

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Thought I would give it a go… Reply with quote

Hi all

I have a CarolBrass CTR-9990H4V which I have had for about 18 months or so and it has been super, with a lovely sound, responsive and very centred. I have been having tiny valve problems on and off, in that valves (mainly 2 or 3) have intermittently been a little sluggish. Cleaning and recoiling seemed to make the sluggishness switch around from time to time which confused me a lot.
After a bit of chatting with a tech she suggested trying a really really light oil because new CB valves tend to be very tight tolerance so I ordered some Ultra-Pure Ultra Light oil…all fixed and working perfectly!

Is there any issue with using such a light oil longer term?

Tra

Piggly
madAhorn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been using Hetman light for years....But now they have been having stock issues. I just discovered ultra light! My Carol Brass Valves have given me grief off and on with sticking. Now, I think I might have found a better light oil for these overly tight valves!!!
kurth83

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different horns and different body chemistries like different oils I am told (the shires folks told me this when I complained about their valves).

I use ultra-pure black (thick) on my Shires and it cleans them up nicely.
My Schilkes do fine on good old Al Cass or regular ultra pure.
I haven't tried ultra-pure light on the Schilkes although they do recommend it.
tyler.slamkowski
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kurth83 wrote:
Different horns and different body chemistries like different oils I am told (the shires folks told me this when I complained about their valves).

I use ultra-pure black (thick) on my Shires and it cleans them up nicely.
My Schilkes do fine on good old Al Cass or regular ultra pure.
I haven't tried ultra-pure light on the Schilkes although they do recommend it.

Shires just hasn't figured out how to make good, consistent valves on every trumpet. Which is unfortunate because they have a great sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: