• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Laurie Frink Integrated Warm ups

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gtrmptman1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Laurie Frink Integrated Warm ups Reply with quote

Looking for advice about Laurie Frink's Warm ups. I had the pleasure of studying with he for a short time around 18 years ago. In her warmups the progressions stops with lip bending on a "G". I was wondering if students take it farther and do you find a lot of benefit from continue the warm up higher. I feel as if it is a Warmup/workout but I haven't done it in some time and only have been back at if for the last month. So far it has been excellent and I love how she incorporates Caruso, Clark, Cicowicz, and others. Truly a great method. BTW, I did expand it to "Bb" but we need not talk about how that sounded. (Ha)

Thanks in advance for any advice.
tim_wolf
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Re: Laurie Frink Integrated Warm ups Reply with quote

gtrmptman1 wrote:
Looking for advice about Laurie Frink's Warm ups. I had the pleasure of studying with he for a short time around 18 years ago. In her warmups the progressions stops with lip bending on a "G". I was wondering if students take it farther and do you find a lot of benefit from continue the warm up higher. I feel as if it is a Warmup/workout but I haven't done it in some time and only have been back at if for the last month. So far it has been excellent and I love how she incorporates Caruso, Clark, Cicowicz, and others. Truly a great method. BTW, I did expand it to "Bb" but we need not talk about how that sounded. (Ha)

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I recently started taking lessons with Jon Crowley, who studied with Laurie for 8 years. Although I have the book, there's no way you can get the full benefit from it without guidance from someone who really knows the method. There's ways to do the exercises that are not mentioned in the book. I have a feeling that what Jon is having me do might be different than another student.

He teaches at his studio in Brooklyn, as well as giving lessons online, which is what I'm doing. In case you are interested, his website is:

https://www.brooklyntrumpetlessons.com/
veum
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a copy of the "Integrated Warmup" from Laurie a number of years ago and found it to be a wonderfully balanced set of exercises. Great for getting back in shape after vacation as well as daily use. I use the same guidelines for the IWU as I do for Flexus; tap foot for all exercises, subdivide, and rest as much as I play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: