• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brass Stand Sleevette

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Archie Sawyer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject: Brass Stand Sleevette Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone knows, if the company that made the velvet like sleeve coverings for the K&M trumpet stands, went out of business? Or if they are being sold elsewhere?

Archie
mm55
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pet Sock?

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Pet-Sock-Trumpet-Stands/dp/B003VYBD44
'42 Selmer US
'90 Yamaha YTR6450S(C)
'12 Eastman ETR-540S (D/Eb)
'10 Carol CPT-300LR pkt
'89 Yamaha YCR2330S crnt
'13 CarolBrass CFL-6200-GSS-BG flg
Archie Sawyer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, that’s not it. Perhaps the company just folded. It was a tight fitting velvet sock that was available for both Hamilton stands and K & M stands. Very formfitting.
RandyTX
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what happened to them. They used to advertise here, which is how I found out about them.

I have 3 of them, 2 for a K&M trumpet stand, and one for a K&M flugel stand. They seem to work well, though you do have to get in the habit of stepping on the legs of the trumpet stands, because they fit inside the bell a little too snugly on my horns and the stand will stay in them. Not true of the flugel, I guess the flare on mine (plus the weight of the larger stand) is enough to prevent it.

Somebody asked me about buying some like I had recently, and they couldn't find it available anymore. I suspect you could have any decent seamstress (if they can still be found) make one for you though. Or do like we used to do when I was in high school, and put a tube sock over the stand instead.
Archie Sawyer
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, those are exactly the ones I’m talking about. And yes, I would put my foot on one of the legs of the stand, when I lifted my horn but I got used to it and it never bothered me. Yes, I suppose I could put a sock on the stand. I just liked how they formed to the stand itself. That’s a shame that they would be gone. I suppose there probably wasn’t enough business to keep them afloat.

What prompted this, was that I went to look for my K&M Trumpet stand last night, as my Hercules stand seemed to be lightly scratching my inner bell (I think the felt material is wearing out) and I flat out could not find it. I must’ve left it at a gig and it had the sleevette on it. I also have a M&K flugelhorn stand with a sleevette as well.

Archie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: