• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Getting a "sizzle"

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kramergfy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sizzle can be a handful of different harmonic arrangements, that's why so many players sound different, but all have sizzle. There's definitely many ways to achieve it, you really have to find out what works for you. Some players use a lot of air and pressure, while others might find using a lightweight horn and shallow piece and tight backbore gets them there more efficiently. The distribution of harmonics really depends on your genetics, which is why nobody sounds like anyone else.

I personally don't find it useful for saying that sizzle belongs only to jazz/lead trumpet applications. Plenty of orchestral/movie score pieces have required the type of sizzle that makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Thread killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: