• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

I Have Two Valuable Horns I would Like Opinions And Input

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickschell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: I Have Two Valuable Horns I would Like Opinions And Input Reply with quote

I have a couple of very rare horns I am considering placing for sale. I would like to get some input as to what they could be worth. Please don't crack jokes about buying them for a dollar or any other lame waste of everyone's time. I am truly interested in what you guys (and gals) have to say. Here they are.

I have The Calicchio Chris Botti owned and played on his first two albums. I believe off the top of my head it is a 1972 and is in beautiful condition. This is fully documented by both John Duda at Calicchio and Chris Botti. John sent me a letter verifying the serial number along with a copy of the original journal entry where Dominick Calicchio's wife scratched out the original owner's name and put Chris Botti's name in its place. I also got two letters signed by Chris Botti verifying the horn was his and I have pictures of me with Chris and the horn. Chris played this horn on his first two albums before buying the 1939 Martin Handcraft Committee he plays on now.

The second horn is a 1945 Martin Committee Artist Grade Gold plated trumpet. This is a ML and is beautifully engraved. This is a very beautiful horn, and it is in the range of years that is the most sought after.

Yes, I would consider offers and I am open to high-end trades but this post is for the purpose of getting an idea from everyone what the value of these horns would be if I put them up for sale.
shofarguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Welcome to TH! Those are very interesting horns. Check the User Rules for posting, though, or the Moderators will be down your back. There is a sticky thread on the Horns page that talks about selling horns on the forum. You should read that.

How does one put a value on trumpets like yours? Why don't you keep them? The best thing I can think of is to list them in the Marketplace after your requisite 5 posts and either choose a price or ask for offers. Just be careful if you get emailed from Asia. There are phishing scammers that frequent this site, as noted by the Moderators where you compose your ad.

Flip Oakes Wild Thing Bb Trumpet in copper
Flip Oakes Wild Thing Flugelhorn in copper

There is one reason that I practice: to be ready at the downbeat when the final trumpet sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: