• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New Mouthpiece

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trumpetman7984

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: New Mouthpiece Reply with quote

I currently play Yamaha 16C4-GP for band and orchestra settings and a Yamaha 16C4 for principle parts and section trumpet in jazz. I use a Schilke 12B4 for lead trumpet in jazz. For cornet, i use a Blessing 7C for cornet playing and a Yamaha 14F4 for flugelhorn.I also use a custom Schilke 16C4x for my piccolo trumpet playing. Any suggestions for new mouthpieces for any of any of the horns would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
trumanjazzguy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A much more efficient lead mouthpiece/big band/picc would be a Marcinkiewicz E8 R. Baptist. The rim is wider, throats is 28, backbore is more efficient. After getting used to blowing less air/muscling less and letting the shallower piece to do the work for you, I feel you'd experience a marked increase in playing endurance, and possibly range.
‘Pieces:
TPT: 34-throat shallow double-cup, Chet Baker’s Custom Schilke, Bach Corp 3, Bach Mt. Vernon 6C, Ken Titmus BF Custom(s).
CRN: NY Giardinelli 7SV.
FL: Yamaha Bobby Shew
TKSop
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone else is bound to ask this, so why not jump in first...

Why do you want to change any/all of them?

Is there something specific you're looking for from a change, or is it simply that you fancy trying out something different for the sake of it?
trumpetman7984

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="TKSop"]I know someone else is bound to ask this, so why not jump in first...

Why do you want to change any/all of them?

Is there something specific you're looking for from a change, or is it simply that you fancy trying out something different for the sake of it?[/quote]

I’m always looking for something new and different to give me the widest array of sounds possible and I just like mouthpieces because behind every good player is a good mouthpiece.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ed Kennedy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seem to have your own thing going, able to swotch rim contours and IDs without a problem. I would explore flugle mouthpieces, maybe something deeper from Curry, Warburton, Stork or Reeves. You might also explore a larger backbore for your C trumpet, maybe one of the Schilke symphony series with large backbore or laskey?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: