• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

UK/European players, who would you contact

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brianj wrote:

Lou

Don’t worry about being an amateur player. If it wasn’t for amateur players the big trumpet producers would’ve gone bust or be minuscule in comparison.

Hi Brian

I totally agree.

Like I said before, phone up Bryce Ferguson in Edinburgh. He’s top drawer. And WAY too inexpensive for the attention to detail and technical ability he brings to instrument repair.

To restate the case, just to avoid misunderstanding, he is brilliant. Now he’s a one man operation who sometimes trains up folk who work as his no.2 but basically if you want to contact him, don’t rely on email or Facebook so much as he’s working.

Call him up and he’ll tell you a ballpark figure and when he gets to see the actual hooter wil give you a figure he’ll stick to.

I can’t recommend him highly enough. He sorted my wife’s sovereign tuba recently and also fixed a slightly but annoyingly hanging 1st valve on my brother’s Calicchio. That trumpet had been through 2 of the best brass shops in the world in the previous year but Bryce sorted it (and no I wont name those shops).

Thanks very much for such a glowing recommendation.

A phone call costs very little as you probably have the inclusive minutes on your mobile plan.

I'm not worried about the cost of a phone call, and yes I do have inclusive minutes on my mobile plan.

Hopefully Bryce will be able to understand me lol. I've been to Edinburgh a few times, and the last time I visited, some people we met thought that we were Australian. My Essex/Suffolk border accent seemed to completely confuse them. I have no idea why, as it is pretty much the English Estuary accent. In reverse our new Brass band conductor is Scottish. I have no idea which part, only that his accent is very broad. I personally don't have any problem understanding him, apart from him appearing to say D for George, but a few of my colleagues have remarked that they find him quite hard to understand. I'm sure it will be fine however.

All the best

Brian jones

All the best to you too.

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Bach Strad 183 - Bach 3CFL
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Stevenson wrote:
lou,...Brians suggestion sounds like a good man and he is away from London so;...give him a ring and if it's not what you want to hear go and see Leigh

Do it now!

Hi Bob

Thanks very much.

Take care

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gozzo wrote:
Hi Lou I live in southwest London and used to get Will Spencer to replate and fit valves for me .FH Lamberts would do the plating and Will would hone them in.
Will had a lot of trouble getting the platers to get the thickness of plating correct. So much so he no longer offers that service and Lamberts will no longer do work on musical instruments.

Hi Andy

Thanks very much. This ties in with Will Spencer saying that he didn't want to do any more valve jobs owing to in his words, his plater goofing up.

The only place where repairs can be done reliably to a high standard is through Phil Parkers in London. Perhaps you could ring and enquire regarding valve rebuilds.

Thanks very much.

I like you am an amateur player and have never had any issues relating to my status as an amateur player in the service I have received.

That is very reassuring to know.

Andy

Best wishes

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
HERMOKIWI
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
HERMOKIWI wrote:
Hi Lou,

Have you contacted Anderson? Here's a link to the Valve Work section of their website:

http://www.andersonsilverplating.com/valve_work.html

Here's a link to their Contact Us page:

http://www.andersonsilverplating.com/contact_us.html

There is no question Anderson can fix your problem and they're not going to care whether you're the most famous trumpeter in the world or an amateur playing for her own enjoyment. Their rates are going to be as reasonable as anyone's, they do this type of work every day and it doesn't get more reputable than them.

With FedEx and other carriers delivering worldwide there's just no reason to feel that Anderson isn't a viable option for you. From your end it's no more difficult to ship to Anderson than it is to ship to the next town.

So, you have a solution.

Hi HERMOKIWI

Thank you very much.

What is stopping you from carrying out the solution?

Quite simply Customs. I'll give you an example. I sent my own Denis Wick 4B mouthpiece to Bob Reeves to turn into an underpart. I paid UK VAT on this mouthpiece when I bought it in the UK. Along with the Denis Wick 4B mouthpiece, I sent a screw rim version of my Bach 3C rim, which Jim New made for me when he was at Kanstul. I paid custom charges when I received this rim. In my opinion, both these items were my property and I was sending them for modification. I feel that I should pay custom charges only on the price of Bob Reeves' work + shipping, not the total value of my mouthpieces + the work + shipping, but I was charged customs charges on the total value.

The same thing happened when I sent a backbore to Jim New to be cut for sleeves. It is neither the fault of Bob Reeves or Jim New. They declare a value for postal insurance purposes and even if the parcel is clearly annotated as containing the customer's own returned goods after modification, customs just charge on the full value.

I would therefore have to pay custom charges on the value of my trumpet +
the work + shipping, or have no value for insurance purposes.

I've previously tried to talk to customs about this with no success. I'd have to try again before I considered this option, as naturally I would like my trumpet adequately insured, but I don't feel I should have to pay custom charges (around 20%) on the value of my own trumpet.

If I remember correctly, customs said that they just have to charge according to the declared value, and do not differentiate between bought and returned goods.

Best wishes

Lou

Hi Lou,

You should have to pay tax only on the repair charges. Here's a link to an article explaining what you need to do and what the repair people have to do. Note that the total value of the item is declared on the form but the cost of the repair is also declared on the form.

https://www.reading.ac.uk/post/departmental-mail/external-mail/post-vat-info.aspx
trumpetera
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Bob

I am worried about contacting them in case since it is only Lou, an amateur player, they don't respect me enough to work on my trumpet, or even to give me a reply. Then all hope would be lost. If the situation really is as Bob suggests, I ask a favour of the UK posters on here. I've been around for a while, I'm obviously dedicated to my playing, so if you have a good relationship with a respected tech, please put in a good word for me and help me to enter this inner circle of respected brass players who are worthy of having their trumpet repaired.

Many thanks

Lou

Being a professional trumpet player, I would seriously think twice about using the services of a technician who treated amateurs different than professionals.

The label "pro" or "amateur" isn't necessarily a measure of a players abilities. And even if they were, the work on respective instruments and customer relation should be carried out in the same respectful manner.
Bach NY ML 1943 vintage Bb
Very old YTR-6335
Bach/Malone/Lechner C
Malone-Bach 229 C
H.Ganter Bb
Schagerl Wienna (older model) C
Parker Natural
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetera wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Bob

I am worried about contacting them in case since it is only Lou, an amateur player, they don't respect me enough to work on my trumpet, or even to give me a reply. Then all hope would be lost. If the situation really is as Bob suggests, I ask a favour of the UK posters on here. I've been around for a while, I'm obviously dedicated to my playing, so if you have a good relationship with a respected tech, please put in a good word for me and help me to enter this inner circle of respected brass players who are worthy of having their trumpet repaired.

Many thanks

Lou

Being a professional trumpet player, I would seriously think twice about using the services of a technician who treated amateurs different than professionals.

The label "pro" or "amateur" isn't necessarily a measure of a players abilities. And even if they were, the work on respective instruments and customer relation should be carried out in the same respectful manner.

However, the flip side is that if a tech is good enough they might prefer to work with the same people, especially someone who is dependent on their own professional reputation, that will respect the tech's work and time.

This is one of the perks of being good enough that one has enough business to fill their time.
trumpetera
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. If I hear from a student that she/he has been badly treated by a tech, I tend to send my business elsewhere.
Bach NY ML 1943 vintage Bb
Very old YTR-6335
Bach/Malone/Lechner C
Malone-Bach 229 C
H.Ganter Bb
Schagerl Wienna (older model) C
Parker Natural
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetera wrote:
I disagree. If I hear from a student that she/he has been badly treated by a tech, I tend to send my business elsewhere.

I would do so also. I just don't consider a tech deciding who he wants to do business with to be "badly treating" anyone.
John Mohan
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: UK/European players, who would you contact Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
Hi

yourbrass posted this on my other thread. I am very interested in hearing from UK/European forum members on this topic:

yourbrass wrote:
I've been watching for someone from the UK and/or Europe to post about someone there doing what Anderson and Osmun do here. Haven't seen it. If the whole process isn't followed and done correctly, the risk is valves that work worse than when you sent them to someone for work! I have learned the hard way, by the way.
-Lionel

I'm surely not the only UK/European player who has had valve problems.

For those who have had similar valve issues, who please did you contact regarding diagnosing the problem, what remedy did the tech suggest, and was it successful?

With reference to the quote above, has anyone had valves rebuilt in this way in the UK, and by whom?

Many thanks

Best wishes

Lou

I just want to mention that when I lived in Germany I had two horns restored and both had the valves done (cylinders honed and pistons nickel-plated). One was done through The Brasserie Hamburg in Germany in 1999 and the other was done by Adams Wind and Percussion Instruments in the Netherlands in 2003. Both trumpets came back with superb valves that work flawlessly to this day.

Best wishes,

John Mohan
Ex LA Studio Musician
16 Year Claude Gordon Student
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: UK/European players, who would you contact Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi

yourbrass posted this on my other thread. I am very interested in hearing from UK/European forum members on this topic:

yourbrass wrote:
I've been watching for someone from the UK and/or Europe to post about someone there doing what Anderson and Osmun do here. Haven't seen it. If the whole process isn't followed and done correctly, the risk is valves that work worse than when you sent them to someone for work! I have learned the hard way, by the way.
-Lionel

For those who have had similar valve issues, who please did you contact regarding diagnosing the problem, what remedy did the tech suggest, and was it successful?

With reference to the quote above, has anyone had valves rebuilt in this way in the UK, and by whom?

Many thanks

Best wishes

Lou

I just want to mention that when I lived in Germany I had two horns restored and both had the valves done (cylinders honed and pistons nickel-plated). One was done through The Brasserie Hamburg in Germany in 1999 and the other was done by Adams Wind and Percussion Instruments in the Netherlands in 2003. Both trumpets came back with superb valves that work flawlessly to this day.

Best wishes,

John Mohan

So this is what I've at least been looking for; Who the hell to send a valve refit to a person who knows what they're doing?

This is the issue.
https://yourbrass.com/
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERMOKIWI wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
HERMOKIWI wrote:
Hi Lou,

Have you contacted Anderson? Here's a link to the Valve Work section of their website:

http://www.andersonsilverplating.com/valve_work.html

Here's a link to their Contact Us page:

http://www.andersonsilverplating.com/contact_us.html

There is no question Anderson can fix your problem and they're not going to care whether you're the most famous trumpeter in the world or an amateur playing for her own enjoyment. Their rates are going to be as reasonable as anyone's, they do this type of work every day and it doesn't get more reputable than them.

With FedEx and other carriers delivering worldwide there's just no reason to feel that Anderson isn't a viable option for you. From your end it's no more difficult to ship to Anderson than it is to ship to the next town.

So, you have a solution.

Hi HERMOKIWI

Thank you very much.

What is stopping you from carrying out the solution?

Quite simply Customs. I'll give you an example. I sent my own Denis Wick 4B mouthpiece to Bob Reeves to turn into an underpart. I paid UK VAT on this mouthpiece when I bought it in the UK. Along with the Denis Wick 4B mouthpiece, I sent a screw rim version of my Bach 3C rim, which Jim New made for me when he was at Kanstul. I paid custom charges when I received this rim. In my opinion, both these items were my property and I was sending them for modification. I feel that I should pay custom charges only on the price of Bob Reeves' work + shipping, not the total value of my mouthpieces + the work + shipping, but I was charged customs charges on the total value.

The same thing happened when I sent a backbore to Jim New to be cut for sleeves. It is neither the fault of Bob Reeves or Jim New. They declare a value for postal insurance purposes and even if the parcel is clearly annotated as containing the customer's own returned goods after modification, customs just charge on the full value.

I would therefore have to pay custom charges on the value of my trumpet +
the work + shipping, or have no value for insurance purposes.

I've previously tried to talk to customs about this with no success. I'd have to try again before I considered this option, as naturally I would like my trumpet adequately insured, but I don't feel I should have to pay custom charges (around 20%) on the value of my own trumpet.

If I remember correctly, customs said that they just have to charge according to the declared value, and do not differentiate between bought and returned goods.

Best wishes

Lou

Hi Lou,

You should have to pay tax only on the repair charges. Here's a link to an article explaining what you need to do and what the repair people have to do. Note that the total value of the item is declared on the form but the cost of the repair is also declared on the form.

https://www.reading.ac.uk/post/departmental-mail/external-mail/post-vat-info.aspx

Hi HERMOKIWI

Although I have only had the briefest of looks at your link, this is exactly what I am looking for. Thank you very very much for posting this link, which is extremely appreciated. Why on earth couldn't the advisor have emailed something equivalent.

Thanks very much again.

Best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetera wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Bob

Many thanks

Lou

Hi trumpetera

I completely agree.

Best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
trumpetera wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi Bob

Many thanks

Lou

However, the flip side is that if a tech is good enough they might prefer to work with the same people, especially someone who is dependent on their own professional reputation, that will respect the tech's work and time.

This is one of the perks of being good enough that one has enough business to fill their time.

Hi Little Rusty

I can see your point, but if a tech is good enough that they have more work offers than they can possibly undertake, so are able to choose their jobs, it would be kind of them in my opinion to choose the kind of jobs that less experienced techs wouldn't be able to do/feel comfortable trying, and recommend a less experienced colleague who is more than able to do the more routine jobs, who they can recommend to the people they have to turn away. This would provide work in my opinion to somebody they know, who is dedicated, but just lacks the experience/equipment to do more advanced work, and keeps a potential customer, who may need something more complicated done to their instrument at a later date.

Failing the above, if a tech is able to choose their work, I would have thought that the interest of the job would be more important than the playing ability/reputation of the owner. Sadly as well as an amateur player, a sticking 1st valve on a Bach 37 is probably neither a job that is interesting or particularly rewarding, rather it is likely to be an annoying job with no guaranteed outcome.

Take care

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
trumpetera wrote:

I would do so also. I just don't consider a tech deciding who he wants to do business with to be "badly treating" anyone.

Hi Little Rusty

I reckon that this depends on who you are in this interaction. If you are the consumer wanting to pay your own well earned money to have your instrument restored, and techs don't want to help you, maybe even ignore your emails (Actually I think this is rude in itself. We are all busy, but it is polite to reply. Ok, occasionally emails get missed because of Spam filters, but I bet that just not bothering to reply is a lot more common), I would consider this as being treated badly. If there is a long waiting list, you should be able to be put on the list and allowed to wait your turn. Somebody shouldn't be given priority/allowed to jump the queue, because they are a professional player. Imagine what it would be like in the supermarket, if local dignitaries or friends/family/colleagues of the staff, were allowed to jump the queue or given preferential treatment. There would be an uproar!

Best wishes

Lou

B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpetera wrote:

Hi trumpetera

I'd do the same.

Best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:10 am    Post subject: Re: UK/European players, who would you contact Reply with quote

John Mohan wrote:
Louise Finch wrote:
Hi

yourbrass wrote:
-Lionel

Many thanks

Best wishes

Lou

Best wishes,

John Mohan

Hi John

Very good and interesting to hear.

Thanks very much

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Now, that I've replied to everyone above, here is what I've decided to do.

Will Spencer said originally that the compression was good for the age of my trumpet. Since he checked this first, before gently lapping the valves, I imagine that he wouldn't have even considered lapping the valves if he thought that the problem was owing to the valves being worn. He suggested fitting an oversized replacement piston as a way of fixing a problem which wouldn't go away via lapping, which presumably had no other diagnosable cause.

Presumably if their was any noticeable damage to either the piston or valve casing, he would have rectified this at least first, before deciding to lap the valves. That he didn't, suggests to me that he didn't find anything.

When I used the second company, I made it clear beforehand what had been done. I wanted them to have another check to see if having my trumpet for a longer period, would allow them the time and opportunity to find the cause of the sticking, as owing to being stuck in traffic, my appointment with Will Spencer was rather rushed, and I don't think that he really had adequate time to diagnose the issue, and wanted to do something for me, so that I was able to take my trumpet home with me. If the lapping had worked, it would have been a quick and easy fix. Anyway, the second company did the exact same thing again.

I therefore think that was is really needed is a thorough assessment to accurately diagnose the problem. There is little point in my opinion, sending my trumpet to Andersons for a valve rebuild, if it doesn't need one, and there is some simple reason for the sticking which is easily rectifiable for a very small cost.

I'm not a tech and I have no appropriate tools or measuring devices. I'm therefore going to try all that I have left to try on my own first. I know this trumpet is clean. I have switched back to Holton after yet another thorough clean. This valve has been lapped twice but hasn't had much playing time because it continues to stick. Years ago, the 1st valve of my Bach 184ML cornet rolled off the work top creating a small flat spot at the bottom. It intermittently stuck on the upstroke afterwards. A tech looked at it, and said that it couldn't be the cause of the sticking as it wasn't catching on the casing. I imagine that it was the cause, and to use words from the 1st page of this thread, it was interfering with the emulsion or barrier created between piston and casing by the oil. I tried Holton on this cornet for a few months, and since it was my primary horn at the time, and my circumstances meant that I was not in a position to do anything about it, I put up with it and it did eventually bed in on its own, and I was able to return to my usual oil with no further problems.

There is no way that I am taking my Bach to my orchestras, but I'm willing to give it a try in the Jazz band. Maybe it will bed in over the next few weeks, if I bring just this trumpet, and force myself to put up with it.

If not, I will contact one of the techs suggested on here to firstly diagnose the issue. We can then go from there.

Thanks very much again everyone for your assistance in this issue.

Best wishes

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
dobs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louise Finch wrote:
kehaulani wrote:
You might find help here: http://www.trompetenforum.de/TF/

Hi kehaulani

Thanks very much, but I presume this forum is in German, the option to translate it didn't come up on Google, and I speak very very little German. I can say my name, how old I am, where I live, that I have a cat, and remember the German names for diarrhoea and constipation. We had an eccentric German teacher, who made us do funny actions for different illnesses and being only eleven at the time, I was childish enough to find these funny and hence remember them. The diarrhoea one consisted of mimicking flushing an old fashioned style toilet chain, and the constipation one grimacing and grunting. Amusing for a child, absolutely no use for talking about trumpet repairs lol.

Thanks very much anyhow.

Take care

Lou

Hi Lou,

I'm actually host and Administrator of the German Trompetenforum.de.
While the general Forum language is German, you are more than welcome to post any questions you might have in English. Most People (including myself) will be able to read and write in English and are happy to do so (You should ignore the few who are not appreciative of someone posting in English).

So, please come on over and let us help you. Even though I am not sure how many brass technicians we can recommend in the UK but there are lots of excellent repair shops and master instrument makers in Germany.

For excellent valve jobs I can highly recommend (and have used in the past) Christoph Endres in Nuremberg: http://www.blechin.de/
But again, Germany has a rich tradition in brass Instrument manufacturing and there are lots of excellent technicians around.

Kai
yourbrass
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lou,
The valve doesn't have to be loose to hang up. There can be a small problem which will not go away until the casing and/or valve is put back into round. Lapping is useless in many cases, as you have painfully found out. I rarely lap valves these days, there are better tools that do not remove metal.

Perhaps you should explore the possibility of a German repair shop that has the capability of a true valve refit. It may ultimately be the only solution. Shipping would be a lot cheaper and easier as well.

Good Luck!
https://yourbrass.com/
Louise Finch
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourbrass wrote:
Hi Lou,
The valve doesn't have to be loose to hang up. There can be a small problem which will not go away until the casing and/or valve is put back into round. Lapping is useless in many cases, as you have painfully found out. I rarely lap valves these days, there are better tools that do not remove metal.

Perhaps you should explore the possibility of a German repair shop that has the capability of a true valve refit. It may ultimately be the only solution. Shipping would be a lot cheaper and easier as well.

Good Luck!

Hi Lionel

Thanks very much.

Take care

Lou
B&H Oxford
Kanstul F Besson C
Yamaha D and D/Eb
- James R New Custom 3Cs
Flugel:
Cornets:
Yamaha Neo + Xeno
Bach Strad 184ML
B&H Imperial
- Kanstul Custom 3Cs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: