• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Coming Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deleted_user_02066fd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:23 pm    Post subject: Coming Back Reply with quote

For a number of reasons I have not played trumpet for the last 7 years. I recently started back practicing about a week ago. I had studied with Carmine and also with one of his students.
After 7 years away it's almost like starting over. My chops are so weak from inactivity that the six notes and interval exercises that start on second line G are almost impossible. I've been doing a variation of the six notes starting on g below the staff up to second line g. For the interval studies I've started on the low g as well. I'm concentrating on the foot tapping as all Caruso students do. There has been progress.
Has anyone encountered the same situation I'm in?
TrpPro
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanuts56 wrote:
My chops are so weak from inactivity that the six notes and interval exercises that start on second line G are almost impossible.

Don't apply musical standards to the calisthenics. The 6 Notes and The Intervals are the easiest and most doable exercises in the Caruso routine. Just follow the 4 Rules and play until you get air. Rest for 10 seconds and pick up where you left off. When you just get air for the second time that's the end of the exercise. You've done it perfectly.

If you want to repeat the exercises in a single day, give yourself a few hours before playing them again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Carmine Caruso All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: