• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Just wondering what I did wrong?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DonTen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Just wondering what I did wrong? Reply with quote

I posted a pic of some mouthpieces I am going to try and buy and my post was deleted. Just wondering what I did wrong so I don't do it in the future. Thanks
chef8489
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess, but you dont play a trumpet or any other horn and seems like you are only here to make money. The post looked like you were fishing for sales and I am guessing that is why the mods deleted the thread. Maybe I am wrong and the mod who deleted the thread will chime in.
DonTen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chef8489 wrote:
Just a guess, but you dont play a trumpet or any other horn and seems like you are only here to make money. The post looked like you were fishing for sales and I am guessing that is why the mods deleted the thread. Maybe I am wrong and the mod who deleted the thread will chime in.

Not fishing for sales. Even though I don't play I do appreciate quality collectables and just thought people here might like to see them. I will not sell anything here in the future. I can always use Ebay. Thanks
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So- did you post them in the Forum or in the Marketplace?
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sale or want to buy posts go in the Marketplace. If you want to show off the collection, or ask questions about them, then by all means post here. Since we have had a large number of posts recently that are basically thinly disguised adverts chances are your post was caught in the sweep.
oxleyk
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posting photos in a marketplace ad is pretty straightforward. They're limited to a certain size, which is explained when you post. If the photo is too big it won't show. You can use Google Photos or some other editor to re-size the image if necessary.
DonTen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted it here. I was not looking to sell. Here is the pic again. Can you guys tell what they are? Some look to be Vincent Bach and I think some are Rudy Muck but I am no expert.

http://u.cubeupload.com/Manimarco/6122.jpg
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what it's worth, I can se a Rudy Muck, Olds and numerous Bach mouthpieces. All seem to be v very worn with plotting missing. Personally, it's worth about $0.00 or for use as sinkers (but I don't fish).

TO be collectable, they need to be in good/excellent condition: these are not.

cheers

Andy
DonTen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Del wrote:
For what it's worth, I can se a Rudy Muck, Olds and numerous Bach mouthpieces. All seem to be v very worn with plotting missing. Personally, it's worth about $0.00 or for use as sinkers (but I don't fish).

cheers

Andy

I agree. But I do think some will clean up nice. Also plating is not that big of a problem to some. A Vincent Bach 3C sold recently on Ebay for $705 and it was missing quite a bit of it's plating

link
Craig Swartz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTen wrote:
Andy Del wrote:

cheers

Andy

I agree. But I do think some will clean up nice. Also plating is not that big of a problem to some. A Vincent Bach 3C sold recently on Ebay for $705 and it was missing quite a bit of it's plating

link
Yep, and P T Barnum was proven right yet again. Good luck to you...
JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Del wrote:

cheers

Andy

Andy, you don't fish, but be careful not to be fished by this sinker , would be a sin sink sing !

happy new year to everybody
DonTen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JVL wrote:
Andy Del wrote:

cheers

Andy

Andy, you don't fish, but be careful not to be fished by this sinker , would be a sin sink sing !

Well I am not fishing for buyers. I truly thought you guys might like to see some vintage mouthpieces. But then there is always a Richard Cranium in the crowd. So If i do buy these they will NEVER be for sale here, I MEAN NEVER!!!
trumpet.trader
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTen wrote:
JVL wrote:
Andy Del wrote:

cheers

Andy

Well I am not fishing for buyers. I truly thought you guys might like to see some vintage mouthpieces. But then there is always a Richard Cranium in the crowd. So If i do buy these they will NEVER be for sale here, I MEAN NEVER!!!

Hahaha this has to be a parody right? I had to miss the joke somewhere? Or are you seriously having a tantrum about nobody wanting to buy your box of beat up mouthpieces?
DonTen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet.trader wrote:
DonTen wrote:
JVL wrote:
Andy Del wrote:

cheers

Andy

Hahaha this has to be a parody right? I had to miss the joke somewhere? Or are you seriously having a tantrum about nobody wanting to buy your box of beat up mouthpieces?

And another Richard C chimes in! I was NEVER trying to sell them! That is my whole point. But I guess there are feeble minded people who can't grasp that. oh well.
DonTen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is some proof I am not trying to sell them. I do not even own them! They are going to be for sale at a local estate sale this friday. So for all the Richard C's here how can I sell something I do not even own! I was just looking for info on them, You know makers, age and any other info I could get. So to prove it here is a link to the estate sale page. It is open Friday morning 1/5/2018

https://www.estatesales.net/FL/Punta-Gorda/33950/1754730
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTen wrote:

I do not know what "Richard Cranium" means. I do know TH has often been flooded with posts that ask questions or call attention to various items only to have them appear in the marketplace or on eBay a few days later, sometimes with a link added back to the thread here, and sometimes just a blatant "thanks for the info, let me know if you want to buy". Our "no sales" policy is to prevent turning every forum into a mini-eBay so all relevant content is buried.

That means a legitimate poster is often treated with scepticism, disdain, and often ridicule by those of us who have seen far too many scams over the years. Let it go for now and post pictures when you have the mouthpieces; there are a lot of folk interested in vintage gear.
DonTen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They also have a Selmer K mod for sale to.
trumpet.trader
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTen wrote:
They also have a Selmer K mod for sale to.

And a kinda beat up Getzen Severinsen
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Don Herman rev2"]

I do not know what "Richard Cranium" means. [/quote]

What is short for Richard? Also cranium is a more technical term for one's head... so.. he is being impolite by using alternate words so as not to seem impolite.

To the OP, people here have already told you since they are beat up they would only have sentimental value. buy them if you'd like.
homecookin
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonTen wrote:
Here is some proof I am not trying to sell them. I do not even own them! They are going to be for sale at a local estate sale this friday. So for all the Richard C's here how can I sell something I do not even own! I was just looking for info on them, You know makers, age and any other info I could get. So to prove it here is a link to the estate sale page. It is open Friday morning 1/5/2018

https://www.estatesales.net/FL/Punta-Gorda/33950/1754730

Don Ten...
I see by the number of your posts that you are relatively new to
the TH website.
So...welcome to TH where a "legitimate poster is often
treated with skepticism, disdain, and often ridicule" !!!
And, for those of you that don't get the Richard Cranium
remark....it means "DICKHEAD".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: