• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How long does it take to come back?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject: Range after comback Reply with quote

With the right mouthpiece (Legends your high range should be no problem after a month. I teach the semi kiss or "fish" embouchure, making a pillow with your lips for the mouthpiece rim. Blow straight in and slightly upward. All his pieces have easy low range for being shallow and pedals. Most people use a bigger mouthpiece than they should, and any jr high or high school student i teach, i move from a 7c like they've been brainwashed to believe, to a 10.5 or bach 12 or even smaller in size. Like Vizzutti said, use the smallest you can and still cover the range and have comfort.
hornman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: Range after comback Reply with quote

With the right mouthpiece (Legends your high range should be no problem after a month. I teach the semi kiss or "fish" embouchure, making a pillow with your lips for the mouthpiece rim. Blow straight in and slightly upward. All his pieces have easy low range for being shallow and pedals. Most people use a bigger mouthpiece than they should, and any jr high or high school student i teach, i move from a 7c like they've been brainwashed to believe, to a 10.5 or bach 12 or even smaller in size. Like Vizzutti said, use the smallest you can and still cover the range and have comfort.
adc
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played 10 years from 1956 to 1966. Picked it back up in 2017. Took a bit over 1 1/2 years to get back to where I was. I am definitely better now than I was. I was decent..played first chair 2 years high school and 2 years college.

I do high notes much better.
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Range after comback Reply with quote

hornman1 wrote:
Most people use a bigger mouthpiece than they should, and any jr high or high school student i teach, i move from a 7c like they've been brainwashed to believe, to a 10.5 or bach 12 or even smaller in size.

And most HS kids brainwash each other into thinking the 7C is too small! I've always played one and its never felt small.
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Connstellation 7B-N mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece

www.jazzscales.org

The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: