• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The Real Way To Play The Cat Anderson Method -Geoff Winstead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amingusamongus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: The Real Way To Play The Cat Anderson Method -Geoff Winstead Reply with quote

Has anyone had experience with this book? Or Cat's original method book? I started it in November with the intention of building chops for grad school auditions. How many days did you spend on each lesson? Did you build considerable strength?
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. There's certain books such as this one, Pops' books, and Lynn Nicholson's video that I'm surprised every trumpet player doesn't have. I mean I think, in this day and age, having these books/vids is like having a Clarke, Schlossberg, Irons, Arban - I think they are that vital to efficient trumpet playing.

The first 20 minute whisper 'G' exercise has been wonderful for me in enforcing the 'unfurled' position that Lynn Nicholson talks about in his video. I saw Larry Meregillano talking about it in a youtube video a couple of months ago and decided to give it a try.

Link

Www.LexSamu.com
amingusamongus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: