• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Low Alpha Shallow Piece

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
botahoratiu
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the GR C-TZ shallower than the S-B or MS ?
O00Joe
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stork Studio Master

One of this series' selling points is that there is more room at the beginning of the cup unlike most shallow mouthpieces. I have never tried these mouthpieces but if my experience with the Stork Vacchiano line are any indication, these mouthpieces could potentially be "life changing". (A VM6 is my list to buy ASAP.) The website has a diagram that shows the shape of the mouthpieces in comparison with traditional shallow cups. I can't recommend Stork enough, check it out!
Akai MPC Live II
Roland JD-Xi
Casio MT-68
B. Scriver
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you have a question regarding GR mpcs, just email us. We will provide the best info possible and then you can use that to post and as further questions in the forum.
grmouthpieces@gmail.com

“I have owned a 67S-B in the past. To me , it is a medium shallow mouthpiece that has a comparable alpha angle to the Warburton 3S. It might be a hair deeper. It felt tighter to me than the 67MS because of the cup design. I personally have an easier time with the 67MS the the 67S.”

The 67SB has different technology than the M, MS, S, or SZ. Therefore, the M, MS, S, and SZ (including the 67CT-Z) have math that matches well with older designed horns or more traditional trumpets. The certain Yamaha’s, Bach, Kanstul Bessons, the Lee Adam Callets, and others. The S-B, M-B, and B are designed for more open newer model trumpets that often have a larger bell or some area of the horn requires more resistance. So the S-B is designed to be more resistant than the MS or S. The MS also has a #2BB vs the #1 of the S-B.

“I still have my Curry 1 Star. It is a medium shallow mouthpiece that is bowl shaped and feels a little tight to me like the 67S-B. I think the alpha angle and depth i is also similar to your 3S.

“I still think the GR C-TZ cups have a lower alpha angle than all of the mouthpieces you have mentioned. This is based on my own personal experience with all of these mouthpieces."

The 67CT-Z has a higher alpha than the GR S and SZ cups. The bottom of the cup has the SZ math. The reason the 67CT-Z feels open is due to the mathematical formula and relationship of the alpha angle, length of L1, R1, the beta angle, and L2 length that provides a certain reflection and responsiveness on a larger mouthpiece. The resistance is balanced to create an freedom of vibration that equated to being free blowing. Free blowing to me doesn’t mean the mouthpiece had a big bore or backbore, it means it’s balanced to match the player and horn with the mpc.

Gary Radtke
www.grmouthpieces.com
BRM2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B. Scriver wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you have a question regarding GR mpcs, just email us. We will provide the best info possible and then you can use that to post and as further questions in the forum.
grmouthpieces@gmail.com

“I have owned a 67S-B in the past. To me , it is a medium shallow mouthpiece that has a comparable alpha angle to the Warburton 3S. It might be a hair deeper. It felt tighter to me than the 67MS because of the cup design. I personally have an easier time with the 67MS the the 67S.”

The 67SB has different technology than the M, MS, S, or SZ. Therefore, the M, MS, S, and SZ (including the 67CT-Z) have math that matches well with older designed horns or more traditional trumpets. The certain Yamaha’s, Bach, Kanstul Bessons, the Lee Adam Callets, and others. The S-B, M-B, and B are designed for more open newer model trumpets that often have a larger bell or some area of the horn requires more resistance. So the S-B is designed to be more resistant than the MS or S. The MS also has a #2BB vs the #1 of the S-B.

“I still have my Curry 1 Star. It is a medium shallow mouthpiece that is bowl shaped and feels a little tight to me like the 67S-B. I think the alpha angle and depth i is also similar to your 3S.

“I still think the GR C-TZ cups have a lower alpha angle than all of the mouthpieces you have mentioned. This is based on my own personal experience with all of these mouthpieces."

The 67CT-Z has a higher alpha than the GR S and SZ cups. The bottom of the cup has the SZ math. The reason the 67CT-Z feels open is due to the mathematical formula and relationship of the alpha angle, length of L1, R1, the beta angle, and L2 length that provides a certain reflection and responsiveness on a larger mouthpiece. The resistance is balanced to create an freedom of vibration that equated to being free blowing. Free blowing to me doesn’t mean the mouthpiece had a big bore or backbore, it means it’s balanced to match the player and horn with the mpc.

Gary Radtke
www.grmouthpieces.com

Wow!!! That info was incredibly eye opening.

I hope I have not confused the original poster in my attempts to describe my experiences with your products.

To the original poster,
I highly recommend contacting the guys at GR Mouthpieces. They have a quality product and definitely experts on the intricacies of mouthpiece design.
Marcinkiewicz E13 C. FINDLEY
Lotus 2M (Bronze)
GR 67MS
Usedtobegood
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try a Patrick 78M it has a low alpha angle and drops nicely from the rim into the cup. From Steve's website:

"This model has it's roots in the old Jet-tone style V cup. It is medium shallow and has a fairly flat rim. It has a big inner diameter. If you play a Bach size 3, and want to keep a similar inner diameter for your commercial set-up, then this is the mouthpiece for you. This mouthpiece has more resistance than the old Jet-tones providing more endurance, better projection and an easier high end. The sound is full and resonant from the very bottom of the range to the top. The back-bore is matched perfectly to the top to give you a balanced mouthpiece. It has a comfortable cushion rim with a high point between the middle and inner edge to provide support so that you don't have that "falling into the cup" feeling."

78M: 0.6519 inner diameter measured at 0.030" 0.1410 throat 28 drill 1.0884 outer diameter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: