• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

lip compression

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INTJ
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know that it was love. I don’t even remember why I started as a kid other than my dad had an old beater Olds Studio model and my parents played Al Hirt and Herb Alpert records.

When I am back almost 17 years ago, it was a minor emotional connection that quickly became the desire the success where I had failed before.

I REALLY like your knife fight analogy. Seems spot on at times. I am currently reworking up the lead/solo part for Kenton’s Send in the Clowns and that is going well. That is more like becoming reacquainted why an old friend. I am also working up the lead part for the Buddy Rich version of “Straight No Chaser.” That is a knife fight and I have lots of cuts. It is fast, rhythms are weird, and intervals are awkward.
Flip Oakes Flugel

Harrelson 5mm MP
shakuhachi
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Let me tell you how an INTJ approaches all this:

LOVE…no. ACHIEVEMENT. I enjoy playing trumpet well. It is hard to play well and that is what makes the achievement enjoyable.

DEVOTION…no. DISCIPLINE. It takes disciplined effort to achieve a high level of performance on trumpet.

SURRENDER…..no. CONTROL. It’s only when I am fully in control of all aspects of my playing that I can play at a high level and enjoy the achievement.

thanks a lot INTJ....you seem to be very strong minded!

....you have done a typical and overall spread human statement of ACHIEVEMENT, DISCIPLINE and CONTROL - fair enough!

I know this very well and I am encountering it anywhere: business, politics.....

....it shows up the world we live in for sure....

...have you learned trumpet in the army?

...your take matches exactly the other side of the coin with LOVE, DEVOTION,SURRENDER - but remember: it is the same coin. You can choose combat or peace.

You know: mind has 3 strategies:

change it
love it
or leave it

it comes from animal behaviour and was adapted by mind:

fight/eat it
mating/coupling it or
escape it

.....but, your own way counts for sure!

A prooven Statement für ME:

YOU CAN'T MAKE LIFE - LIFE MAKES YOU
...this to experience could be a bit painful sometimes...

or...

Have you had control over your birth? - I think not!
Will you have control over your death? - I think not!
In between: do you have control over all events happening in your life? -I think not!

take a look at Maynard's take of trumpet, music and life...

or Dizzy for example:

Quote:
Some days you get up and put the horn to your chops and it sounds pretty good and you win. Some days you try and nothing works and the horn wins. This goes on and on and then you die and the horn wins.

....best wishes to you!
ljazztrm
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...your take matches exactly the other side of the coin with LOVE, DEVOTION,SURRENDER - but remember: it is the same coin. You can choose combat or peace.

You know: mind has 3 strategies:

change it
love it
or leave it

it comes from animal behaviour and was adapted by mind:

fight/eat it
mating/coupling it or
escape it

.....but, your own way counts for sure!

A prooven Statement für ME:

YOU CAN'T MAKE LIFE - LIFE MAKES YOU
...this to experience could be a bit painful sometimes...

Great stuff chuck, INTJ, and shak! You guys may really dig the ‘Self Directed Attention’ exercise found on this site: http://justonelook.org if we are talking about the balance between love, devotion, surrender and achievement, discipline, and control. It's offered completely freely. I first started practicing this exercise last April, being into alternative healing practices but, after several months, I noticed it was having a very positive effect on my jazz playing. It’s helping me get into that no-mind/zone’ state more and more easily. John Sherman, from the site, compares this exercise to lifting weights, more so than a meditation. I have come to agree. I’ve now shared it with several more advanced jazz students and some playing colleagues and they also are really digging it. And INTJ, if you want to talk about control and discipline, I never found anything that requires greater control and discipline than controlling the direction of your thoughts and focusing your attention. Best, Lex[url][/url]
Www.LexSamu.com
rothman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unique tonal pattern --

Link
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: