• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Lynzoil by Bach - invented by Lynn Nicholson

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Lynzoil by Bach - invented by Lynn Nicholson Reply with quote

Some of us in the know, lucky enough to get to beta test the amazing valve oil by Lynn Nicholson already know what I am talking about. Coming to music stores all over the world soon, distributed my Conn-Selmer Inc.

Besides being a monster trumpet player, Lynn is an inventor and a bit of a genius in my humble opinion and from the first time I tried his oil I knew we had to help bring it to everyone, this is incredible stuff.

It is the most amazing oil I have ever used, *Lynzoil by Bach! In a music store near you soon!
www.richwetzel.com
www.facebook.com/rich.wetzel
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is different about? Let us know the "value proposition" vs. other oils that do everything...
Gottfried Reiche
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh jeez, yet another valve oil that works the same as pretty much every other valve oils...

Yet more gross over-marketing...bleh.
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it is hard to get excited about another valve oil.

I know we can often feel there is not a dramatic difference but - after a few folks who have been beta testing this post on here at some point, assuming they see this post, everyone I know has felt the same way - that it is dramatically faster, smoother, longer lasting than anything any of us have ever used.

I have been one of the beta testers and every gig, rehearsal I go to I have guys grabbing this oil who all feel the same way about it.

The value is dramatically faster, smoother, longer lasting, and the proof statement is your own empirical trial of course or testimonial of a friend you trust.
www.richwetzel.com
jiarby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY is it faster, smoother, and longer lasting??

EVERY valve oil company says the same thing.

Lynn is great, but he doesn't even use valves in the register where he plays... LOL!
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The WHY, obviously it is something to do with the proprietary formula.

The best way for you to answer that question is to try it.

Then judge for yourself.
www.richwetzel.com
jiarby
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Lynn wouldn't sign off on something fishy...

Last edited by jiarby on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jazz_raptor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gluten free too?
Jupiter 516 pocket trumpet

https://tuesdaynightbandns.wixsite.com/tuesday-night-band
groovinhigher
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just describing what it does, why I like it.

Ultimately when people try something, that is the proof statement.

I am a friend of Lynn's who dug the oil when he let me try it and got he and Conn-Selmer talking to each other after several other players all told them the same things about his oil. I was a skeptic too till I tried it.

I have been one of the guys Lynn had doing a beta test and every rehearsal, every gig I go to, I have guys borrowing it, asking when they can get it, and they dig it for the same reasons I expressed.

It should be officially released and start being in music stores in Feb or early March from what I have been told.
www.richwetzel.com
Lawler Bb
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiarby wrote:
I am sure Lynn wouldn't sign off on something fishy... but the pitch sounds like more of the same old stuff we always hear. Hyperbole marketing claims, proprietary formula, secret remedy to solve your problems.. This sales tactic has been around a long time.

As you said earlier, every other valve oil company does the same thing. Who cares? If it's great, people will buy it. If not, they won't. Lighten up, Francis.
www.instagram.com/milwaukeetrumpet/
Big Dave88
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After awhile, I just wonder how many times the wheel can be re-invented.

I'ma just stick with Hetman 3.
chuck in ny
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing wrong so far with hetman #1 but i will give this oil a shot if it comes in 2 oz. packaging. i've had enough of 13 oz. pounds.
Tony Scodwell
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Lynzoil Reply with quote

Lynn is a remarkable human being and somewhat of a scientist. He's done some quite amazing things in addition to his remarkable abilities on the trumpet. I've known him for many years and always felt he would've been the ideal studio musician filling the void left by Bud Brisbois. His inventions over the years included his valve oil which was conceived many years ago. I'm glad his new affiliation with Conn-Selmer will see his oil getting good distribution and hopefully he'll see fit to show it at the upcoming ITG with perhaps a few samples for guys to "road test".
Tony Scodwell
Scodwell USA Trumpets and Flugelhorns available in the US only from Washington Music Center, call Lee Walkowich at 301.946.8808 and in Sydney, Australia at Sax and Woodwind… and Brass and in Freiburg, Germany at Musik-Bertram.
TrumpetMD
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn's a great guy. Sounds like a great product.

Mike
Plus a few other Bach, Getzen, Olds, Carol, HN White, and Besson horns.
homebilly
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll stick with my ghetto blend

http://highdefinitionbigband.com
spitvalve
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winterized diesel fuel was a fad among the brass faculty at Utah State University during the one semester I attended there. Bought a gallon of it in 1980 for a buck. It smelled awful, of course...but it worked great. And no one ever wanted to borrow my valve oil.
1999 Getzen Eterna 700S
1979 Getzen Eterna 895S Flugelhorn
1969 Getzen Capri cornet
Eastlake Benge 4PSP piccolo trumpet
Warburton and Stomvi Flex mouthpieces
david mickley
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I refuse to put down a horn, oil, mouth piece or any product that I have not tried. When I run out of my Ultrapure I just may give this new oil a shot. Used AlCass until I tried some home brew that worked better then went to Alisyn because it was better and am now using Ultrapure because for me it has worked best. Who knows this new oil may be an improvement so I will save my comments until I try it. spitvalve I remember about twenty years ago some local college kids were using straight 30 weight motor oil for their slides, worked great but boy did our horn and cases stink.
assorted other horns
chuck in ny
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's a difference between an offer for sale and profit and the player review that this is. the OP is a friend and may get some free valve oil.
hetman #1 is a very good product and i like especially it will work with other products with no cleaning. so far anyway. i've used up old bottles of zaja and then gone back to the hetman, that sort of thing.
we have wood heat so the bedrooms are cool and the trumpet will get 5 drops down the leadpipe blown through with valve combinations. the cold valve block has better action after a few seconds of blow than at start. an oil with better lubricity (?) would be fine from dead cold with minimal discernable difference after oiling. nothing to do with playing simply one way you could tell a product is doing a better job. please don't tell me life and things can't be improved.
credible people being eager to use it, i will try a bottle.
dr_trumpet
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Same stuff Reply with quote

A banned user wrote:
Look at me! Look at me!

I know that Nanette Kappus, the inventor/creator of "BiNak", is a tribologist. I'd call her qualified to create and a scientist. How about the group that made "Pro Oil Hybrid 141-A7"? Until I could no longer buy it, I used that stuff religiously with tremendous positive results. Ken Saul did tremendous experimentation with oils before introducing "Ultra Pure" valve oil.

In honest, your premise is wrong and you really know that, you're just trying to be the latest controversial poster here. These guys DO experiment, they do measure, they do make the measurements. In honesty, the differences in valve oils and how they work for each individual is far more a product of your individual personal chemistry and what you consume than it is the valve oil formula. Many of us (including I) have things in their make-up (diabetes for me) that makes a difference in how certain valve oils work. I will say, once I got the diabetes under control, my valve oil selections were less finicky than before, and I assume my high sugar content in my blood did things with my saliva, and hence the valve oil I used due to that saliva chemistry.

And, whoever the great poster was who mentioned that Rich is posting here to get a couple bottles of free oil is simply to cynical. Rich and I may have our differences, but he is a man of integrity and I know, like myself, would never be swayed by a couple free bottles of valve oil. To say otherwise is an insult to Rich, and calls into question his moral compass. I am sure the original poster of this statement didn't consider his statement that far, because if the poster did, this is terribly insulting and should not be allowed to continue here on TH.

Finally, if you know Lynn at all, you know he doesn't just put his name on things. I know that he has been working for a while on this product, and am interested to try it on my instruments. I have been tremendously happy with Ken Saul's Ultra Pure, but I have students for whom it doesn't work, and I want to find something for them. This is my quest, to find products that work for those who are looking. If Lynn's oil works for them, we have a winner in my opinion.

Back in the day at IU, we used to mix Ultra Pure LAMP oil with Liquid Wrench to create a great working valve oil. It smelled like a skunk, but it worked great. That idea came out of the Adam studio, and many of the players who studied with Mr. Adam used this magic valve oil with great success. IF it works, use it.

Al
Arranger/Composer; Lilly Music
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand why there's some tepid enthusiasm with the announcement of another valve oil. I also understand some skepticism with regards to it's amazing properties. Pretty much most new valve oils claim they're the best - fastest and longest lasting.

On the other hand, it's nice to actually have a lot of good choices out there for valve oil. When I was in elementary and Jr. High, you had Al Cass and Holton available locally and a few others via mail order. Now, you've got all kinds of well established quality valve oils.

Having another quality valve oil - especially one that might have decent distribution through Conn-Selmer - is a good thing. Having more good choices is always a good thing, since not everything works the same for everyone. Besides, it'd be nice if Conn-Selmer offered something other than Holton and "Bach" valve oil (which I think are the same, they certainly smell the same).
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: