• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Your experiences with CarolBrass 3C?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stanislav234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 am    Post subject: Your experiences with CarolBrass 3C? Reply with quote

Now i'm waiting for my Carol Brass CTR-5000L-YST with included 3C mouthpiece. Have anyone tried this one? What is your experiences?

Now i'm using Bach 7C mpc, which feels pretty uncomfortable for me because of its shape (rim is too narrow and round for good "grip").
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing on one and like it. I heard it's actually slightly wider/deeper than Bach's 3C, but that's just recirculated internet rumor. I traditionally played on a Schilke 15b, which should be somewhat similar. I would give it a go and see what you think. I also have some other mouthpieces on order and if my efforts to buy a used Carol 506 come to fruition, I think that one comes with the 7C mouthpiece.
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HaveTrumpetWillTravel wrote:
I'm playing on one and like it. I heard it's actually slightly wider/deeper than Bach's 3C, but that's just recirculated internet rumor. I traditionally played on a Schilke 15b, which should be somewhat similar. I would give it a go and see what you think. I also have some other mouthpieces on order and if my efforts to buy a used Carol 506 come to fruition, I think that one comes with the 7C mouthpiece.

Concur. It feels bigger to me but it’s a great mouthpiece for the fact it’s free with the horn and cheap all together compared to a Bach.
Stanislav234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theslawdawg wrote:

Concur. It feels bigger to me but it’s a great mouthpiece for the fact it’s free with the horn and cheap all together compared to a Bach.

Are you using this mouthpiece daily?
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stanislav234 wrote:
theslawdawg wrote:

Are you using this mouthpiece daily?

No. I have a Donat mouthpiece that is my daily.
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing it since restarting a month ago, and I quite like the Carol 3c. There are downsides--I have no idea if they're as standardized/specific as Bach, and I have no idea how to go out and just pick up a new one (I don't think you find them on Amazon).

Mouthpieces kind of seem like a black hole to me. I don't know what the best way is to make a switch other than to buy a bunch and try them for a while. I've ordered a generic 1 1/2 and 7 1/2. I'll probably bring the 1 1/2 to my office to buzz on and see how it feels.
theslawdawg
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing it since restarting a month ago, and I quite like the Carol 3c. There are downsides--I have no idea if they're as standardized/specific as Bach, and I have no idea how to go out and just pick up a new one (I don't think you find them on Amazon).

Mouthpieces kind of seem like a black hole to me. I don't know what the best way is to make a switch other than to buy a bunch and try them for a while. I've ordered a generic 1 1/2 and 7 1/2. I'll probably bring the 1 1/2 to my office to buzz on and see how it feels.

I had mine for sale for 20 bucks with no takers.
fredo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me this mpc is clearly bigger and deeper than a Bach 3C.

Bigger and deeper than a CG3 or Monette 6 (i've tried again for this thread)

I've one and it is too wide for me, poor upper register and endurance compared to the Silver 6 and Resonance Prana 6 for example.

But i'm not you and mp choice is very individual.

Since you will have it, give it a test and you will see.
Stanislav234

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredo wrote:
For me this mpc is clearly bigger and deeper than a Bach 3C.

Bigger and deeper than a CG3 or Monette 6 (i've tried again for this thread)

I've one and it is too wide for me, poor upper register and endurance compared to the Silver 6 and Resonance Prana 6 for example.

But i'm not you and mp choice is very individual.

Since you will have it, give it a test and you will see.

Thank you. What is your primary mouthpiece? Do you feel fine, for example, with using Bach 3C?
fredo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My primary mpc is Donat Touvron (small 3C/3D 22 throat, short, heavy "à la Monette")

Iv' a good friend who plays a modern 3C Bach, each time i 've compared it to the Monette 6 i never found it was bigger than the Monette or feel clearly wider.

The Carol 3C is clearly deeper and wider than a Bach 3C for me.

Keep in mind that the 3C is one of the shallowest C cup made by Bach (if not the shallowest)

The sound with the Carol is mellower and darker than the B 3C sound but the high range is not so easy ...
Stanislav234

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredo wrote:
My primary mpc is Donat Touvron (small 3C/3D 22 throat, short, heavy "à la Monette")

Iv' a good friend who plays a modern 3C Bach, each time i 've compared it to the Monette 6 i never found it was bigger than the Monette or feel clearly wider.

The Carol 3C is clearly deeper and wider than a Bach 3C for me.

Keep in mind that the 3C is one of the shallowest C cup made by Bach (if not the shallowest)

The sound with the Carol is mellower and darker than the B 3C sound but the high range is not so easy ...

That's the sound characteristics i like. But i think playing this one can be pretty tough after middle-sized Bach 7C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: