• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Rudy Muck 17c

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lenkenbad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:28 am    Post subject: Rudy Muck 17c Reply with quote

I've just taken up trumpet again after some forty years, I use to play a Antoine Courtios trumpet with a Rudy Muck 17c mouthpiece. and a Besson Cornet again with a Rudy Muck 17c. I now have a 1967 Olds Ambassador and the same Besson Cornet, but the mouth piece has long gone. I've been trying to find a mouthpiece the same as the rudy, but with no luck, best I have tried so far is a Bach 3c. With spending out a lot of money on mouthpieces that are not for me does any one know of a mouthpiece with the same type of cushion rim and shallow cup like the old RM17c?
Dayton
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the current version of the Rudy Muck 17C? I don't know how closely it compares to the original, but would probably be a pretty good starting point for you:

http://mouthpieceexpress.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=197_213_1192&products_id=23054
lenkenbad

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Rudy Muck 17c Reply with quote

Looks very much like the mouth pieces that I had, mine at the time came from the US, and had shallow cup, but I seem to remember that there some made in the UK but the cup was deeper. Problem is there does not seem to be a importer in the UK, and the price here will be double the price you guys in the Us pay, plus import duty and VAT. Welcome to "Rip Off Britain" How do you play that?
Bflatman
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this of interest

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rudy-Muck-4M-Vintage-Balanced-Action-Trumpet/173147019593?hash=item28505dd949:g:SgYAAOSwoRBacfrY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Mouthpieces All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: