• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Help Me Find A Record!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snookyswings18518

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Help Me Find A Record! Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Basie concert. The first two tracks are on separate records, I cannot even find the first, and I cannot find the rest of the concert on any record.

Count Basie & His Orchestra
WNEW "Make Believe Ballroom"
NYC, Sunday May 6, 1951
Cheek To Cheek - 12"LP: Alto 701 (Cannot find this)
Every Tub - 12"LP 12"LP: Sabie 5302 (Scarcely can find)
Perdido
Beaver Junction
Who Cares?
Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me
Ain't It The Truth?
Nails
Bluebeard's Blues

I'd like to purchase these records, so anything but YouTube would be helpful. Thanks!
jazz_trpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Basie And His Orchestra : Paul Campbell, Clark Terry, Lammar Wright (tp) Jimmy Wilkins, Bennie Green, Mitchell "Booty" Wood (tb), Marshal Royal (as,cl), Ernie Wilkins (as), Wardell Gray, Paul Quinichette (ts), Charlie Fowlkes (bar), Count Basie (p), Freddie Green (g), Jimmy Lewis (b), Gus Johnson (d), Thelma Carpenter (vcl). WNEW radio show, "Make Believe Ballroom" New York City, May 6, 1951.

This is a pretty obscure radio shot. The two tracks you mentioned are released on unofficial B-list labels and were likely bootlegs. There's nothing I can find to suggest that the balance of the concert was every released on vinyl/CD.

You may have luck trying to hunt down an electronic copy of the concert.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: