• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Xeno Mark II vs Artist models

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BudBix
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Yamaha Xeno Mark II vs Artist models Reply with quote

How does the Yamaha Xeno Mark II trumpet compare to the Artist models?
I understand the mark II incorporates lessons learned from the Artist models.
So I'm wondering if the play more like the Artist models either NY or Chicago.
Is there still a world of difference between them? I know years ago I tried the Chicago and Vizzutti at a conference and they had a fantastic response, feel and sound. If the Mark IIs are getting close to that I would save my money.

P.S. I know ultimately I'll have to try them both myself but interested in opinions since we're all quarantined.
AJCarter
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Yamaha Xeno Mark II vs Artist models Reply with quote

BudBix wrote:

Is there still a world of difference between them?

The Gen II Xenos are improved over the first generation, play very well, and sound good. However since the artist models have also undergone further development and are on gen 3, there is a huge difference still. Think of the artist models as being very specific tools for certain jobs, and the xenos like your basic hammer or screwdriver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: