• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

New 3A here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject: New 3A here Reply with quote

I got a lesson with Kenny Smukal this weekend and he turned me on to Reinhardt. He said I was a classic 3A. He showed me a few things and I can't wait to see and hear the long term results. Where can I read and learn more about 3A players and how this whole thing works? I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole.
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: New 3A here Reply with quote

mfan wrote:
I got a lesson with Kenny Smukal this weekend and he turned me on to Reinhardt. He said I was a classic 3A. He showed me a few things and I can't wait to see and hear the long term results. Where can I read and learn more about 3A players and how this whole thing works? I'm ready to go down the rabbit hole.

If you search this forum simply for IIIA you might learn a lot . . . that was the way we learned how to "notate" it.

Smukal is an animal . . . I used to listen to Airmen of Note albums with him playing lead and his jazz playing was also outstanding on those recordings.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Reinhardt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: