• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Gard compact triple gig bag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
erez

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Gard compact triple gig bag Reply with quote

any opinions? i'm looking for comfortable, but still protective triple case, the Brass bags looks the best but it's over my budget. the Gard compact can be a good alternative? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9s6bt5r394
JonathanM
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow; that thing looks tiny, doesn't it? I've got an old leather triple case by Protec that looks about twice that size.

The two guys doing the talking have really great reputations as far as I know; Jens and Chris. That's at least one positive - you have two superb trumpeters exhibiting the case.
Puje: American Belle
Cornet: Olds Recording & Super
ExtraLargeBore
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other opinions on this case? I don't need a lot of protection as I currently use an Alteri and I've never had any damage. Don't need to carry 3 full size horns, 2 plus mutes or 2 and a p54.

I found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYcjNp_tFaA
Bb - Bach 37 #0XXX
C - Bach NY 229 25H #1
Eb/D - Schilke E8L #90210
Piccolo - Schilke P51 (custom 1 valve)
MPS - Bach - 1X 19 throat 117 backbore
stephensontrumpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I got this last year and haven’t regretted it. It’s still technically a soft side case, but it offers a bunch of protection. Super light, small and stores all the horns I need.
J. Landress Brass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I also suggest the Gard Elite Compact triple. I helped Gard come up with the idea for this case, having seen the case you posted the video of at NAMM a few years ago. We took that case and redesigned it to be more rigid and with larger pockets. The Elite version is reinforced entirely around the case with PVC and the straps are all double stitched with 150lb test string and reinforced with rivets.

I personally travel with mine all the time can fit a wide variety of horn combinations i.e. 3 trumpets, 2 trumpet + cornet + pic, trumpet and flugel + mutes, 2 trumpets + mutes and music stand. The front pocket is large enough to hold a large 15" laptop and even the double will hold a 15" Mac book pro. I have also flown abroad and domestically with the case as a carry on with one trumpet and 3 days work of clothes and electronics. I have never had an issue fitting it in the overhead on any plane (large and regional commuters).

I am also offering free shipping on all Gard cases I have in stock. Just enter Gardship on checkout on my webstore.

https://j-landress-brass.myshopify.com/collections/new-cases/gard
646-922-7126
www.jlandressbrass.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ExtraLargeBore
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies Stuart and Josh. The elite version does look like it has some good improvements, but I'm not a big fan of the two toned look and the regular compact triple is almost half the price.
Bb - Bach 37 #0XXX
C - Bach NY 229 25H #1
a.kemp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got one of these Gard Triples. It is small and it is light. And, super affordable.

In no way, the quality/security of the Elite bags that Josh Landress designed. But a super convenient case nonetheless...
trumpethead
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the other Gard video I watched on UTube, it's annoying how there is no close-up view of the inside.

Makes the video a fail and almost pointless for me.
ExtraLargeBore
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a.kemp wrote:
I just got one of these Gard Triples. It is small and it is light. And, super affordable.

In no way, the quality/security of the Elite bags that Josh Landress designed. But a super convenient case nonetheless...

Did you get the leather or fabric version? I’m looking at the leather one, but can’t tell from the pictures how high quality the leather is. I assume it’s not high end leather since the case is only $150.
Bb - Bach 37 #0XXX
C - Bach NY 229 25H #1
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t speak to the leather of the triple, but I have a leather Gard single, the leather seems ok, but nothing like the leather of a Cronkhite.

Brad
a.kemp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ExtraLargeBore wrote:
a.kemp wrote:

Did you get the leather or fabric version? I’m looking at the leather one, but can’t tell from the pictures how high quality the leather is. I assume it’s not high end leather since the case is only $150.

I got the cordura since I was able to get it for $80, total. But the leather version is really nice!! Gard uses good leather.
J. Landress Brass
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad361 wrote:
Can’t speak to the leather of the triple, but I have a leather Gard single, the leather seems ok, but nothing like the leather of a Cronkhite.

Brad

Brad, there is a difference in the leather used for the standard series of cases and the Elite series. On the Elite they are using a high quality Water Buffalo leather.
646-922-7126
www.jlandressbrass.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J. Landress Brass wrote:
Brad361 wrote:

Brad

Brad, there is a difference in the leather used for the standard series of cases and the Elite series. On the Elite they are using a high quality Water Buffalo leather.

Thank you Josh, good to know!

Brad
kidtwist
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought the elite triple in synthetic from Josh last week! Great case, looks well make and has plenty of storage! EASILY fits 3 horns with a little room for mouthpieces.

WCU '03

Selmer K-Mod-24B-LT
King Silver Flair - 1960s Vintage
Carolbrass CTR-4440L-YST-Bb-S
Carolbrass CTR-4000H-YSS-C
Kanstul 1523
Yamaha 631 Flugel
Bach 3C, 10C, & Warburton 5 Mouthpieces
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a bag for flugelhorn and trumpet transport. Well padded but light.

Protects reasonably well but, (evidentially), wouldn't use it in hold baggage on a plane and would think twice about using it in overhead storage 'cause you never know what idiot would try to cram stuff in the compartment.

But for going to and from a regular gig, no problem.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: