• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Information about the Getzen 770 SG select Bb trumpet ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fifi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Information about the Getzen 770 SG select Bb trumpet ? Reply with quote

Hello, new on this Forum...

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand "770 SG select Bb trumpet", but I can hardly find any information on this specific model on the Web... Specially the "SG" signature...

- The trumpet should date back to 2006
- Réf. G 24856

Is it a Step Up model ? Intermediate\Semi-Professional model ? Professional model ?

Does anyone have any technical data / commercial brochure about this product ?

Can anyone tell me what the average price was in a shop when commercialized , or the average price in a shop today for an equivalent model ?

The vendor wants 800 € for it (ie 989 $)... What do you thik about the price ?

Here is the link :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/1387894569.htm

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards from France.
ghelbig
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Information about the Getzen 770 SG select Bb trumpet ? Reply with quote

Fifi wrote:
Hello, new on this Forum...

I have the opportunity to buy a second hand "770 SG select Bb trumpet", but I can hardly find any information on this specific model on the Web... Specially the "SG" signature...

- The trumpet should date back to 2006
- Réf. G 24856

Is it a Step Up model ? Intermediate\Semi-Professional model ? Professional model ?

Does anyone have any technical data / commercial brochure about this product ?

Can anyone tell me what the average price was in a shop when commercialized , or the average price in a shop today for an equivalent model ?

The vendor wants 800 € for it (ie 989 $)... What do you think about the price ?

Here is the link :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/1387894569.htm

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards from France.

My memory is that the 770 and variants were essentially the same as the 700 with subtle changes to protect the local music stores. They were never available to any mail-order stores.

The 'SG' may refer to the brass used in the bell. The gold-plated valve caps may have been included, or may have been added later.

Adam Getzen reads posts here frequently. Perhaps he will see this post and ask Ms Rima for the corrections.

The Getzen 700 is a solid intermediate trumpet - a step above the Capri.

http://getzen.com/trumpet/700/

That price is a little high for a used 700 here in the US - but used Getzens don't show up often, and prices in France may be higher.

Hope that helps,
Gary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: