• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Part II's, High Notes, and Volume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsharp82

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Part II's, High Notes, and Volume Reply with quote

Hi, all. I completed Physical Approach and have been working out of Systematic Approach and using the Irons' book and some Clarke's Technical Studies.

I'm on Lesson 7 and I've been reaching full-fledged Double High Cs in the part IIs and even a few notes above that.

In regards to the instructions in Systematic Approach "Think EE as you go up and blow stronger: crescendo." I've discovered that I'm hitting a volume ceiling. If I play too loudly the top notes are pinched, don't come out or are really hard to play in tune from High C on up. Is it better to err on the side of too loud for now or should I back off the volume?

Thanks for your feedback!
bach_again
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any lessons I have taken have advised the complete opposite. I realise CG works for some, but not me, and my upper register only started to develop and become reliable once I started working on it at a very soft dynamic.

Since you are on the CG forum, I will leave it at that. This method does not work for me, and I'm not here to get into it with people, so I'll leave my $0.02 and disappear

Mike

Michael Barkley Quartet - Portals:
https://michaelbarkley.bandcamp.com/album/portals

The best movie trumpet solo?
https://youtu.be/OnCnTA6toMU
snichols
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bach_again wrote:
Any lessons I have taken have advised the complete opposite. I realise CG works for some, but not me, and my upper register only started to develop and become reliable once I started working on it at a very soft dynamic.

Since you are on the CG forum, I will leave it at that. This method does not work for me, and I'm not here to get into it with people, so I'll leave my $0.02 and disappear

Mike

You better hide... Mohan'll come getcha!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Claude Gordon All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: