• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Which mute do you like to use for Bolero?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talkenhorn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Which mute do you like to use for Bolero? Reply with quote

Which mute do you like to use for the 1st trumpet Bolero solo? I am sure this question is probably answered somewhere on this forum but I am unable to find it through searching. I am just curious. Thanks in advance, th
Tpt_Guy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Which mute do you like to use for Bolero? Reply with quote

talkenhorn wrote:
Which mute do you like to use for the 1st trumpet Bolero solo? I am sure this question is probably answered somewhere on this forum but I am unable to find it through searching. I am just curious. Thanks in advance, th

Something with a relatively neutral sound that would blend well with the flute. Wick and Crown aluminum straight mutes are good for this.

For the rhythms (mirroring the snare drum) I would use something with more weight, like a Jo Ral straight or a Crown copper bottom straight.

"A good teacher protects his pupils from his own influence."
-Bruce Lee
rdhaynes

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Bach black plastic mute.
talkenhorn
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdhaynes wrote:
I like the Bach black plastic mute.

I have the white plastic Bach mute. I thought I heard that Phil Smith, when he used the plastic Bach, would stuff cotton in it. Something like that, I don't believe it was Bolero however, he was discussing different ways of muting and using mutes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: