• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Wisconsin Brass Quintet position open at UW-Madison

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UWtrumpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Wisconsin Brass Quintet position open at UW-Madison Reply with quote

The University of Wisconsin-Madison is announcing an opening beginning in Fall 2019 for a masters or doctoral level student to perform as 2nd Trumpet with the Wisconsin Brass Quintet. This is a fully funded graduate position for the two years of coursework that it takes to complete an MM or DMA degree. Our ideal candidate is a student who is already performing at or near professional level, has a background in brass quintet, and has some experience in a variety of musical styles including improvised music.

The Wisconsin Brass Quintet performs approximately 15-30 concerts per year, primarily within Wisconsin and nearby states. This year, our fall college tour took us to Northwestern University, Indiana University, University of Illinois, University of Michigan, and Michigan State University, among others. We play several times each semester on the UW campus as well as other venues in Madison, and frequently do runout concerts to schools, universities, and concert series' around the state. Recently we have been performing most of our concerts with an added percussionist, and regularly feature multiple compositions/arrangements by group members.

We will be accepting applications and pre-screening recordings for this position beginning in the fall until the deadline of Dec. 1, 2018. Successful finalists should expect to come to Madison for an audition and rehearsal with the quintet. This has been an incredibly rewarding group to play with, and I can honestly say that my colleagues are some of the finest musicians, composers, and pedagogues that I've ever worked with. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email below if you have any questions about graduate study at UW-Madison or the Wisconsin Brass Quintet position.

Alex Noppe
Trumpet Professor
University of Wisconsin-Madison Mead Witter School of Music
noppe@wisc.edu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: