• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Der Rosenkavalier Parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlbertHwang

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Der Rosenkavalier Parts Reply with quote

Does anybody know of a trumpet 1, 2, or 3 part for Der Rosenkavalier that isn't so crazy? I have to play it this summer, and the 30+ pages of each part is rather daunting. Thanks a lot.
trumpet_cop
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you think the opera is crazy, and I hope you do mean the opera and not the suite.. how did you get the opportunity to play it? Seems like anyone wanting to play it should be somewhat aware that it's not a simple piece..

To give a real answer, no. There are no 'simplified' parts for this.
AlbertHwang

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trumpet_cop wrote:
If you think the opera is crazy, and I hope you do mean the opera and not the suite.. how did you get the opportunity to play it? Seems like anyone wanting to play it should be somewhat aware that it's not a simple piece..

To give a real answer, no. There are no 'simplified' parts for this.

I'm playing the suite over the summer at Idyllwild Arts.
deleted_user_da44b37

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be happy and show some respect for the piece And the other muscians, and pracrice!
Steve A
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Der Rosenkavalier Parts Reply with quote

AlbertHwang wrote:
Does anybody know of a trumpet 1, 2, or 3 part for Der Rosenkavalier that isn't so crazy? I have to play it this summer, and the 30+ pages of each part is rather daunting. Thanks a lot.

That's a pretty tough piece, by any standard. I've never seen or heard of a simplified part, and have a hard time imagining what that might be. No offence, since obviously I don't know anything about you, but if you have doubts about playing this piece and think finding a simplified part is a realistic solution, you might be in over your head with this.
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious as to what the OP is considering crazy...the transposition, the range, rhythmic figures, the length of the piece,...?
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
AlbertHwang

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
I'm curious as to what the OP is considering crazy...the transposition, the range, rhythmic figures, the length of the piece,...?

I guess I really mean the complication of the part. This mainly would include the transposition and the the overall length. On a side note, is there a reason why some composers switch the key of the trumpet part mid-piece? Thank you.
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say all of the above - this is a rather awkward work. the best way to get along with it is to do your homework, learn the arts, be totally secure with all the rhythms and then... enjoy the ride!

cheers

Andy
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlbertHwang wrote:
cheiden wrote:

I guess I really mean the complication of the part. This mainly would include the transposition and the the overall length. On a side note, is there a reason why some composers switch the key of the trumpet part mid-piece? Thank you.

Well, there's really no way to address the length of the piece, that is unless you shared the part.

Though some frown on the practice, I'd recommend sitting and writing out the transpositions. If the piece is worth doing, it's worth taking the time to write it out. When I have a piece that I find challenging to play I frequently write out a part (in Finale) and include as many cues as I feel I need to reduce the likelihood of mess-ups. If I have to play against other instrument's odd rhythms I sometimes write out a second stave with those parts. Note that it's all available on IMSLP.

There's plenty written here on why composers have written for different keyed horns. Probably worth a search. For some, it was just to keep more of the notes in the staff.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: