• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Rich Willey at ITG 2018

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pops
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Rich Willey at ITG 2018 Reply with quote

I want to thank Rich Willey for taking the time to give improv tips and lessons to aspiring players. Some of them were students and friends of mine and they learned a great deal.

Rich was very generous and gracious to do that.
7,000 pages of free music. Trumpet Books, Skype Lessons: www.BbTrumpet.com
BeboppinFool
Donald Reinhardt Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I want to give some kudos to your students . . . Armando Gutierrez came up to the Boptism Music booth on Thursday morning (he was at the jam session on Wednesday night) and said to me, "I want to learn to play just like you." I told him that I wanted him to learn to play like him . . . and then we talked about being a commercial player and improvising.

Any student who walks up to a pro and asks for help . . . well, I'm all about helping that student as much as I know how. The guys who just sorta walk on the other side of the room and never say anything are really missing out.

So Armando and his friends Jacob and Alton are my kind of students. If anything I said to them help them avoid any of the pitfalls I have encountered (many of them self-inflicted), they will have a much better time navigating the music business than I ever did, and that would be fantastic.

So, thank you Clint for "sending" me such great guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Donald S. Reinhardt All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: