• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

The Church Ministry Trumpet Player

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OldKing

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peanuts56 wrote:
My church has had a lot of financial issues and as a result we have no fulltime paid organist/music director.
We now have a nice, versatile mix of people who volunteer on a rotating basis. I don't play too much trumpet these days. We have a young man who plays once a month and he's an excellent trumpeter.
I am a fairly good djembefola and also play decent finger style ukulele. I've used both these talents in church with a nice variety of professional and amateur musicians. We do a choir once a month as well. It's been fun and interesting. None of this would have happened if we had not run out of $$$$$. The Lord works in mysterious ways!!

It's a beautiful thing when folks realize "we're in this together" and truly are a team, adding to the worship experience.

I develop a real bad attitude when I see just the self-appointed "leaders" of a church decide they know what "everyone", or "young people", or "previously unchurched" folks want musically in a worship service. Then they're surprised when the numbers just don't instantly swell over the "3 chords and drums" referred to above.
Heim
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falado wrote:
Hi, some years ago I got involved with church orchestra. We did a lot of contemporary stuff that had some good horn section parts. While at this church I attended a weekend long church musician clinic that included new music of David Clydesdale reading session with Mr. Clydesdale conducting.

I remember playing whole Clydesdale concerts and not playing a lyrical melody the whole time. In my experience I can not remember a lyrical solo in any Clydesdale composition that I have played. Is he writing them now?

falado wrote:
Here's Denver, enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWNjIxtLj9E

I enjoyed that, thanks.
GodSong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:16 pm    Post subject: My Soul Joy Reply with quote

I have been playing trumpet in church for 45 years. I would love to find a home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> High Range Development All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: