• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Thanks from Greg Spence and WindWorks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg Spence
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks from Greg Spence and WindWorks Reply with quote

Hi all, I would like to thank Rod, see below, and other TH members for coming and trying out the Free Largo Status Stage and the Foundation Level of the WindWorks course.

The feedback has been amazing and makes sitting here working on the Premium Stage a real pleasure.

Here is a sneak peak at one of the videos you will find in the soon to be released Allegro Status Stage...

Click HERE to see an interesting video on Mouthpiece Buzzing and Lip Bends for warming up. Trust me, it is not what you are thinking.

You will see references to the BackSwing, The Body's Concert Hall, Passive Reduction and a bunch of other cool concepts discussed throughout the Foundation level.

Please take a few minutes out to have a look through the dashboard and the platform, it is really useful and if you work through the FREE Largo Status Stage there is about 2 1/2 hours of really logical and structured material.

To try WindWorks Largo Status Status for free, just CLICK Sign Up Here For WindWorks

I'm sure you'll find Rex Richardson's endorsement of my "Dispelling Brass Playing Myths" presentation from the Midwest Clinic 2016 rather compelling. It is at the top of the Sign Up page.

Check it out.

Best Wishes and Thanks Again!
Greg Spence
WindWorks/MTM

Rod Haney wrote:
Someone mentioned the Greg Spence program and I have to second that recommendation. Ive taken lessons from Jim and benefitted and learned quite a lot from him. The Mystery to mastery program takes what Jim teaches and breaks it down quite a bit more. The things Ive learned about a lot of stuff I just did, and why some of it worked and some didn’t have been eye opening. I haven’t run across a thing in the program that hasn’t had positive results once I’ve opened up to them. Not expensive for the years of information and study contained. BUT dont get it unless you are willing to lay down some ingrained habits and views. I also take lessons from a symphony player and he has recently asked me what Ive done to get the bigg sound and I showed him the program. He loves it and is going to take some of the things into his own teaching, a guy who’s been playing at a pro level and teaching for 45 years. He (as I) is amazed at the way the program leads to positive discovery, reinforcement, and understanding. I look to the program to give me freedom to play across the horn with full sound. I look to Dave to give me interpretation, help in reading, and more musical fluency. I’m extremely pleased with this arrangement, Spense seems to give me more freedom to play whatever, and my teacher shows me how to interpret and expand musical knowledge. It seems to work well and is a low cost hi payback option, with a free trial.
Rod

JVL
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello Greg,
very well done, i'm sure your vids & course will help a lot of people.

best
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have heard that some teachers have a problem with the title – Mystery to Mastery – of Greg’s method, perhaps because they think that it claims to be some sort guarantee to virtuosity or that it exalts itself too highly in the pantheon of brass methods. That’s shortsighted. The title of the expanded and updated course – WindWorks – might ruffle fewer feathers.

I haven’t found any one particular thing in MTM or WindWorks that is revolutionary – Greg clearly states, “There is no information in this book that cannot be found in other publications.

But, the assemblage and clarity of the videos, text, and tools that Greg offers as a package might be nearly revolutionary. Having the videos for repeated and detailed study is tremendously valuable.

I was very successful getting a 10yo beginner started on cornet a couple of weeks ago using WindWorks (MTM) methods. No free buzzing, no mpc buzzing, no forced, over-blown sound, just a solid, relaxed, foundation of musical tone production (with naturally-moving air) on which to build.

To know that the principles of WindWorks (which are also some of the principles of Arnold Jacobs, Bill Adam, and others, who Greg mentions in his books) work with a beginner and are also adopted and taught by an extreme pro player like Jim Manley speaks volumes.

As Rod stated – “I haven’t run across a thing in the program that hasn’t had positive results once I’ve opened up to them.”

James Morrison and Allen Vizzutti, in their endorsements of MTM speak of,
" ... explain[ing] how it's done in a way that definitely gets results,"
"Anyone at any level ..."
"...no-nonsense ..."
"... really does go Step-by-Step all the way the MASTERY"
"... concise and logical ..."
"... all players could benefit ..."

Allen signs off with, "All teachers will welcome such an organized and functional text. I highly recommend it!"

We can integrate WindWorks/MTM into whatever else we're doing -- BE, Stamp, Gordon, Adam, ...

There is no "one way."

Over 55+ years I’ve taken many lessons with top teachers, been to many clinics and classes, own many (many) books and methods, and I’ve been lucky enough to have been invited to be a part of more than a few top, professional ensembles, both in the classical and commercial worlds at times in my career.

As valuable as certain teachers have been and as productive as certain methods have proven, Greg Spence’s WindWorks (MTM) is – by far – the best one-stop shopping, self-directed resource for relaxed/efficient brass playing that I have encountered.

-Denny

(Also posting to "Online Lessons" where Rod Haney originally wrote his response)
Greg Spence
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: WindWorks Reply with quote

Hi Denny, I don't know where to start. Thank you for taking the time to write such a considered post.

It did sadden me to cop grief about the Mystery to Mastery name. How did it evolve? Playing and improving was a Mystery so my journey is simply a quest to head towards Mastery. It simply came about as the editor of my first book said I needed to give it a name. There was absolutely nothing more to it than that.

I am frantically working on the Premium Level modules now and aim to have it out in the next couple of weeks.

All I can ask is that people have a quick peek and try some of the ideas. It's really exciting.

Thanks again,
Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Fundamentals All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: