• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

R and B Brass Charts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Devil
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody have any ideas of how to get the brass parts to some of the more well-known R and B/soul/funk/disco songs? I'm looking for songs by K.C. and the Sunshine Band, James Brown, Bill Chase, The Blues Brothers, Tower of Power, etc. Obviously the piano/vocal parts are going to be easier to find, but I have yet to find a good source for the brass parts. Whenever I see or hear of a local band that does this kind of stuff, I try to ask how they got the charts, and the answer usually is that one of the band members sat down with the cd and transcribed it all. Given my (very) limited transcription abilities (especially when it comes to writing out three four or five parts to a chord per lick), it would be nice to be able to buy some of these brass charts if that is even possible.

If anybody has any web addresses or other such contacts it would be greatly appreciated.
jgadvert
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My band does all those songs and more. Years ago there was a sight you could get these charts from(I have one for Vehicle and Soul Man). But I'm another guy who painstakingly charts it out myself too.

Hope someone answers with a website.

In the interim, check out my website
downanddirtyband.com.

I think you'll like the stuff we do!
EBjazz
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a book that I wrote with many of these charts in it. If you'd like a list of the charts, send me an email

ebjazz@ix.netcom.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: