• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Comeback players and high notes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaveTrumpetWillTravel
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a comeback player, "I resemble these remarks" There's a high range development forum here, but not a "good intonation forum," or a "get some rhythm" forum.

Probably if you polled us on our favorite topics, it would probably be cool instruments, the best mouthpiece, embouchure discussions and how to play really high notes.

I know in my heart of hearts that I should stop trying to play higher for a while and just spend some time with the metronome, but it's so tempting to keep blowing away for those high notes...
deleted_user_680e93b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a comebacker, i did just about everything that all comebackers do, and got the same results that most comebackers do. my sound was good but i topped out at high C. Its the same old story though, why should my range change when i am doing the same things that kept my range from progressing when i was in college. If you can't play high there is a reason, and its usually that your airway in your lips is too damn large. until you figure out how to reduce that hole you will never be able to play much higher than a good high C. Playing nicely from low F# to High C is important as others have stated, but try stopping at high C when you in a R&B band.
granted you don't need much higher than F# above high C for most tunes. but you do need to play alot of notes above high C. It's not that hard, if it isn't happening change the way your playing. There are many ways to attain those notes. I went with the Bill Addam approach, but have tried just about all the schools and incorporate some parts of all of them. I still don't play to DHC, but i don't even try to go there. I maintain daily to DHG and thats enough for the bands i'm in.
Face it, Playing above the staff is loads of fun, but i still love to play in the staff as well.

regards,

tom
mrhappy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

50YrComeback wrote:
You know its stupid even while you're doing it.

Haha... this one got me laughing!!
harryjamesworstnightmare
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I used during my comeback. I tried Claude Gordon's method, Causo etc. There is something about the way Clyde incorporates multiple approaches that worked for me.

https://www.bflatmusic.com/sevencs.html
Bach Strad 43 Sterling Silver Plus
Getzen Proteus
Yamaha 6335HS
Olds Super
Olds Mendez
Getzen Custom 3850 Cornet
Conn 80A
Getzen Eterna Flugelhorn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Comeback Players All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: