• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Favorite broadway performances or players?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial
View previous topic :: View next topic  
american boy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Dick Perry was a great player from that time, but there were many others that did Bway shows who were fine players in the 60s and 70s..Some that come to mind right off the top of my head were Jimmy Sedler,Joe Farante, Chuck Cameron,John Bova, Jim Bossey,Steve Furtado,Chuck Genduso,Jerry Kail,Bert Collins,Victor Paz,Joe Wilder...You would see these guys either subbing or doing the run of the show..Kind of an interesting time as the jingle & record date period was grinding down,so folks that would`nt commit to shows would start to take them; Its all different now, of course; Its really the only game in town.
I did sit next to Jimmy Maxwell for 2 years on a show, and he played each show like his life depended on it.."Bells" to the wall without question..The conductor rarely looked at the trumpet section out of fear! lol
kramergfy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

american boy wrote:
Yes Dick Perry was a great player from that time, but there were many others that did Bway shows who were fine players in the 60s and 70s..Some that come to mind right off the top of my head were Jimmy Sedler,Joe Farante, Chuck Cameron,John Bova, Jim Bossey,Steve Furtado,Chuck Genduso,Jerry Kail,Bert Collins,Victor Paz,Joe Wilder...You would see these guys either subbing or doing the run of the show..Kind of an interesting time as the jingle & record date period was grinding down,so folks that would`nt commit to shows would start to take them; Its all different now, of course; Its really the only game in town.
I did sit next to Jimmy Maxwell for 2 years on a show, and he played each show like his life depended on it.."Bells" to the wall without question..The conductor rarely looked at the trumpet section out of fear! lol

Thanks for the info; I really appreciate anecdotes like these.

Was Jimmy playing his Bach 72 or the Calicchio? Heard it was the Calicchio 2/2 and a Mt Vernon 5c for The Godfather; probably the most famous trumpet solo in film history.

Thread killer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jazz/Commercial All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: