• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Scammer - Harry Wallace?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andybharms
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Scammer - Harry Wallace? Reply with quote

Bought a couple of mouthpieces listed here on the marketplace. Gmail hwallace675@gmail.com. It’s been two weeks, he conveniently has no tracking number, 6 posts, all his ads are gone... buyers, beware.
andybharms
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.trumpetherald.com/registry.php?task=detail&mid=9149
Keiths

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Me too Reply with quote

I bought a couple backbores from him too, but also no tracking number or delivery. I'm starting to worry as well. I'm not getting any responses from emails either.
Jon Kaplan
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem here. Watch out for this guy. Learn from my mistake! Got occasional communication from him but again no tracking or delivery even though I specifically requested follow up multiple times.
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a $2400 Yamaha B-flat from him 3-4 weeks, right after he first joined TH. The email responses leading up to the purchase transaction seemed to indicate he was really a trumpet player. I felt funny about the transaction for some reason. Amazingly, I got my money back from him. I think he was testing the water to see if he could make this fraud thing work. I kept emailing him scripture and that the Lord was coming for him, so I guess I guilted him into returning the money. It took three days and over 30 email exchanges, though. I truly think he is a pathological liar, which means he will mix enough truth into what he's saying to convince himself he's telling you the entire truth. I think I actually put him on the run for a couple of weeks, but it appears he's resurfaced to see if he can continue the scams. Yes, he is a scammer. That is my take on him, anyway. Always call and talk to the person before purchasing, especially if it is a new TH member and especially if it's a large amount of money. I'm sure he feels okay about what he is doing, btw.
Keiths

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Refund Reply with quote

Just wanted to let everyone know that Harry was pretty quick to reply to my emails today, and he sent a refund with the assurance that I would resend the funds if the backbores arrive. I don't really know what happened to them, but I would think that if it were a scam, he would not have sent a refund. It's settled for my purchase. If they show up, I'll post a followup to this message.
Harryw413

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m no scammer...a little sloppy and inexperienced I’ll give ya that but not a crook.

The issue w the Yamaha Bb trumpet, we both agreed to cancel the sale but (at an incredibly inconvenient time) there was an unauthorized login on my account so I was locked out for a few days and tensions rose, and I wasn’t able to refund immediately, but funds were indeed successfully reimbursed after the mutually agreed upon decision to cancel the transaction

The horn has since sold and shipped...if absolutely necessary i could provide contact info of this buyer (or others) to vouch that I am a legit seller

As far as the mouthpieces go, I have reimbursed both gentlemen under the pretense that when they arrive they’ll pay me back.

An unfortunate mix up. While I understand that it doesn’t look fantastic I assure you I am a legit seller and would have no qualms about providing references. I’ve sold some horns and gear with little hassle and would be happy to point you to buyers who’ve had a positive experience with me
dstpt
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harryw413 wrote:
I’m no scammer...a little sloppy and inexperienced I’ll give ya that but not a crook.

The issue w the Yamaha Bb trumpet, we both agreed to cancel the sale but (at an incredibly inconvenient time) there was an unauthorized login on my account so I was locked out for a few days and tensions rose, and I wasn’t able to refund immediately, but funds were indeed successfully reimbursed after the mutually agreed upon decision to cancel the transaction

The horn has since sold and shipped...if absolutely necessary i could provide contact info of this buyer (or others) to vouch that I am a legit seller

As far as the mouthpieces go, I have reimbursed both gentlemen under the pretense that when they arrive they’ll pay me back.

An unfortunate mix up. While I understand that it doesn’t look fantastic I assure you I am a legit seller and would have no qualms about providing references. I’ve sold some horns and gear with little hassle and would be happy to point you to buyers who’ve had a positive experience with me

Just got in from an all-day rehearsal schedule, so I may have more to write tomorrow. Yes, please provide TH user name of the buyer and his/her contact info. If the buyer is someone outside the TH community, or hasn't been in the TH community for any reasonable length of time, then your legitimacy would still be held in question. A PayPal agent confirmed with me during our ordeal that you did not reside where you said you did. They also told me that you closed your PayPal account after I paid you, which they went on to explain meant that you moved that money to a bank account. They explained that that is the only way you can close a PayPal account. You merely told me that you were locked out of your account. But send us (not just me) the buyer's contact info to allow us to confirm the transaction. Others above noted that you were neglectful to communicate for over two weeks any kind of tracking info, and you were starting to do the same with me. That makes you highly suspect. We pay, you provide tracking info. These are serious transactions. To not communicate regarding a sale makes you suspect. Keiths above said you've refunded money. Others in another thread have commented similarly. There is a track record here, and you've only been a member of TH for about a month. Not good. We can wait a few days to see if these other buyers receive their goods and go from there, but meanwhile, send us the TH member's contact info to the Yamaha trumpet sale. Not sure how you can do that without breaking confidence, but you have said you'd do that.
Harryw413

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gladly. You ask how I’ll do so without breaking confidence, and that’s a valid point. I’ll have to ask the buyer if he is comfortable disclosing his name or contact (likely email). If he’s fine with it, I will gladly provide reference
andybharms
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Issue has been resolved. Thanks, Harry.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making details of private deals public strikes me as bad policy. I suggest all parties take it to PMs and just post here when the issues are resolved.
tombrown1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears to be a scammer indeed. Paid about $250 for a couple mpcs two months ago, never received them, and he refused to refund.

Very pleasant in emails, but still refuses repeated requests for a refund.

Buyer beware.
JetJaguar
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend only buying through Ebay or a service with similar buyer protection. An Ebay listing can be posted on the TH Marketplace. Thereby, a trumpet sale can be found on TH, but the actual transaction goes through Ebay. Throwing around thousands of dollars on the strength of 5 posts in a forum with considerable fireworks already is not safe.
1938 Martin Handcraft Imperial #2 bore, 38 bell
Bach 7C mouthpiece

I'm looking for a Connstellation 5C-N or 5B-N mouthpiece
www.jazzscales.org
The Coady Strengthening Exercises: http://coady.coolwarm.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: