• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Vintage Trumpet Values

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gabriel127
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Vintage Trumpet Values Reply with quote

I've got some old horns to sell, but I don't really know what the average value of the horns currently are in order to know what to ask for these. Does anyone know of a site or other resource to help get the value of these horns? One is a late 70s/early 80s Holton MF Horn ST302 trumpet and the other is a Getzen Eterna flugelhorn, 1980 vintage.
Dale Proctor
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do an eBay search on your particular horns for completed listings that have sold. Asking price is one thing, but you can get a good feel for what certain horns are selling for by checking out the ones that have sold.
superviking805
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own a MF Horn so, casually, watch prices. Most go for $700~$1200 depending on condition.
Evinerate
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider pre-1970 vintage and it might throw some people off when you label Getzen Eternas and 80s Holtons as vintage.
gabriel127
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dale and SV.
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage Trumpet Values Reply with quote

gabriel127 wrote:
I've got some old horns to sell, but I don't really know what the average value of the horns currently are in order to know what to ask for these. Does anyone know of a site or other resource to help get the value of these horns? One is a late 70s/early 80s Holton MF Horn ST302 trumpet and the other is a Getzen Eterna flugelhorn, 1980 vintage.

By coincidence, I've got almost exactly those same two horns. The Getzen flugel is on permanent loan to the son of a friend and don't expect to ever get back. The Holton MF ST-302 I've had since high school I just might also be parting with soon to cover some crushing dental bills.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
ajithajune1987

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Trumpet Values Reply with quote

gabriel127 wrote:

My apologies for asking a stupid question ---- Where is a good place to sell my used Bach Trumpet? I am having a hard time finding any place to sell and get a good price. Thank you for your kind advice.
Crazy Finn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage Trumpet Values Reply with quote

ajithajune1987 wrote:
My apologies for asking a stupid question ---- Where is a good place to sell my used Bach Trumpet? I am having a hard time finding any place to sell and get a good price. Thank you for your kind advice.

- Craigslist
- Facebook Marketplace
- Ebay
- TH marketplace - though you have to factor in that you only have 5 posts...
Besson 709 Bb Trumpet
Bach 184L Bb Cornet
Yamaha 731 Bb Flugelhorn
Dennis78
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you’re in no need for the money just give them away to someone that needs them. In the long run that will be more satisfying
interfx
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best solution, is to go to eBay, click on advanced search and search for completed auctions to see the actual pricing with real examples of condition...

You’ll see a lot of range on pricing due to condition, so I find completed auctions on eBay to provide the most realistic value...
gabriel127
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis78 wrote:
If you’re in no need for the money just give them away to someone that needs them. In the long run that will be more satisfying

Well Dennis, in that case, I'll let it be known that I'm in desperate need of a Yamaha Flugelhorn and a Bb piccolo trumpet and I hope I can give you lots of satisfaction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: