• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Train wreck

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denny Schreffler
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Train wreck Reply with quote

We've all talked about, and experienced, train wrecks in our careers.

The image of uncontrollable and uncorrectable occurrences with lingering consequences goes back to the 19th C and the beginning of steam locomotion.

So when we're talking about a train wreck on stage ....

https://www.12news.com/article/news/local/arizona/rain-causes-train-derailment-northwest-of-tucson/75-572555301

A flash flood knocked several cars (and a ton -- or more -- of UPS packages) off the tracks yesterday.

-Denny
plp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that is nothing compared to what I did to the solo on 'Send In The Clowns' at state contest.

Had nailed it in my sleep, on my worst day, with fever blisters, and flu, and literally Montezuma's Revenge in Mexico City, in 1978.

Totally, totally, hamburgered it for no good reason at our premier finals for state.
Since all other motives—fame, money, power, even honor—are thrown out the window the moment I pick up that instrument..... I play because I love doing it, even when the results are disappointing. In short, I do it to do it.” Wayne Booth
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Train Wreck Reply with quote

I don't know if I ever scattered the fields with corpses, or unleashed nuclear waste by playing a lousy solo but I did play a short solo during a city band concert in the park (standing), and when I sat beck down the young lady who played 1st trumpet with me, and an ordained Lutheran minister looked at me with horror on her face and said, "Do you realize that the fly on your pants is down?" This is embarrassing by itself, but it also made me realize that I was "trolling in the park" before we even got to the bandshell. Oh God, why do I come back to this website!!
NameGeorge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! These are both painful and amazing to read. Keep 'em coming, fellas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: