• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Pivot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tptguy
Jerome Callet Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Author
Callet_rulz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you guys made your switch to SC, did it change your pivot? The thing that I notice now about my trumpet playing is that the mouthpeice points down. Before I tried to switch I held the horn up and flat on my chops. Now, its like the bottom part of the mouthpeice digs in and the top part of the mouth peice rests on the top of my lip. This makes my horn point down. I have heard that this is wrong and lags endurance (which I have none). Do you have any tips? My sound is better now but I stilll can only play like 6 bars at a time.

P.S. when I physically try to hold the horn up every thing crashes, I can barely get a sound out.

I'm so sick of messing with my chops, I just want to make music again, but I know that something is wrong. I just don't feel right playing my horn like I used to. Has anyone felt this?

[ This Message was edited by: Callet_rulz on 2002-07-11 14:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Callet_rulz on 2002-07-11 14:27 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tptguy
Heavyweight Member

Posted: 2002-07-11 20:04
<<<When you guys made your switch to SC, did it change your pivot? >>>

I think you actually are referring to angle rather than pivot. Pivot implies an actual movement of horn or mouthpiece as range changes. I think it's fair to say that most SC players end up with a higher bell, often much higher than before. I surely did. But, you needn't worry about the angle. That will occur naturally as you progress. Trying to keep the bell up, then adjusting the chops won't help. You have to set the face and tongue correctly first, then just play on that setting. The tilt will take care of itself. Best regards, Kyle

Callet_rulz

but I havent ended up with a higher bell, its acually lower.

tptguy
Heavyweight Member

Posted: 2002-07-12 17:23
<<but I havent ended up with a higher bell, its acually lower. >>>

Yes, I understand that. I suspect something(s) is not going correctly but I don't know what might be wrong via an internet description. I'm just saying that the attention should be pointed to the chops, tongue, etc of SC. The bell may be a sign, but trying to fix a problem by "forcing" the bell up won't be helpful. The solution will have to be deeper I'm afraid. Best regards, Kyle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Jerome Callet All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: