• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

OT: The Trumpet Herald Pet Thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NameGeorge

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: OT: The Trumpet Herald Pet Thread Reply with quote

Hey, fellas! I've created this thread for us to have a light-hearted chat, a discussion about our adorable household pets (feel free to chime in). This is our Pomeranian, Joe as we'd call him. When we're not out fishing, he'd watch TV with us in the living room, howl along to country songs, and even play catch in our backyard during my days off (though we had to secure one of those petsafe Stay+Play wireless dog fence, just so he wouldn’t stray far from our yard. Our neighbor had a weak wooden partition, and we once had an argument when poor Joe ended up on his lawn). Overall, he’s a very loving fella. What are your household critters, guys?

LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it fun using non-standard fonts?
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: OT: the trumpet herald pet post Reply with quote

I love dogs, and basically all animals. My daughter and her boyfriend just took in a German shepherd to foster. I don't think they are giving her up and they have only had her a few days. Pets grow on ya. My own best friend was a large short haired American tuxedo cat who was with me for 15 years. I called him JaBo. A big cuddler for a cat. Always close and always met me at the door with a cat smile. I miss him still. Thanks for putting a string up on this topic. Music isn't our only interest in common! Thanks, Brian
kehaulani
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siamese cat.

Yamaha 8310Z Bobby Shew trumpet
Benge 3X Trumpet
Getzen Capri Cornet
Adams F-1 Flghn
Seymor B Fudd
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: OT: The Trumpet Herald Pet Thread Reply with quote

NameGeorge wrote:
Hey, fellas! I've created this thread for us to have a light-hearted chat, a discussion about our adorable household pets (feel free to chime in). This is our Pomeranian, Joe as we'd call him. When we're not out fishing, he'd watch TV with us in the living room, howl along to country songs, and even play catch in our backyard during my days off (though we had to secure one of those petsafe Stay+Play wireless dog fence, just so he wouldn’t stray far from our yard. Our neighbor had a weak wooden partition, and we once had an argument when poor Joe ended up on his lawn). Overall, he’s a very loving fella. What are your household critters, guys?

How´s his sense of pitch? "Nighting gale.....Barkley Square" should do as a themesong.
Seriously ain´t gonna come no dog&cats in my house. Just haven´t got the time cause of all this music....
This notwithstanding I´m quite fond of dogs. My granddaddy had some very big German Shepherds; nice dogs; the first one kept a eye on me, toddler, so as to make me stay inside the fence and guided me in the right direction whenever I went astray (I was told ).
So if (but no) German Shepherd!
Yamaha YCRD2330II
Yamaha YCR6330II
Getzen Eterna Eb
Trumpets:
Yamaha 6335 RC Schilke 14B
King Super 20 Symphony DB (1970)
Selmer Eb/D trumpet (1974)
WxJeff
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Little Rusty, yes it is

Buddy is 12 years old, our third "pound puppy." Beagle/terrier/something territorial mix. He doesn't seem to like my playing but stays in the room nonetheless.

Brad361
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: OT: The Trumpet Herald Pet Thread Reply with quote

NameGeorge wrote:

Nice looking pup!

One question, he looks a lot like a Bischon/Poodle mix I had (RIP Max), is Joe full Pomerianian?

Brad
blbaumgarn
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject: OT: the trumpet herald pet thread Reply with quote

Just reading again in here tonight. It reminded me of early in married life my wife and I had 4 small terrier dogs. One was a kind of golden/brown colored take in stray we called Ginger. Magnificent pet. Very loving. One day at home channel surfing the wife past the USA network and in those days they used to have "Kung Fu" theatre on weekends. They were having a fight scene with the appropriate kung fu crying, screaming whatever you call it, and Ginger picked up on it immediately and started imitating the tv sound. And she kept doing it. We both just rolled on the floor laughing. So, from then on for years she was the Kung Fu puppy. Great memory
SkinnerAlive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two black domestic shorthaired kitties roaming my apartment! Starfire is 12 years old, diabetic, and my girlfriend's original baby. The other little fellow is Moonshadow; we've recently adopted him after his mother had been hit by a car when he was only a few weeks old and he's about 5 months old and full of energy! On top of these two, we also have an albino African clawed frog named Casper who likes to watch TV! I love my babies as much as I love my trumpets!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: