• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

How many trumpets do you have

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moderators
TH Moderator Group

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posts removed. Attacking and insulting each other is pointless and against the UA. Go practice and cool off.
Harry Hilgers
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:
Go practice and cool off.

Right back at you
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moderators wrote:
Posts removed. Attacking and insulting each other is pointless and against the UA. Go practice and cool off.
I, for one, have no idea what you mean by attacking and insulting. In some 4000 posts I have never had a post removed because I disagreed with another poster. This strikes me as an excessively heavy hand of moderation.

My posts are always respectful.
LittleRusty
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

veery715 wrote:
Moderators wrote:
I, for one, have no idea what you mean by attacking and insulting. In some 4000 posts I have never had a post removed because I disagreed with another poster. This strikes me as an excessively heavy hand of moderation.

The moderators often remove all posts related to any post that crosses the line. It doesn't mean that your post in particular was inappropriate. But if one of mine is removed, and in this case it was, I try to review it to see what I might have done differently.
Harry Hilgers
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LittleRusty wrote:
veery715 wrote:
Moderators wrote:

The moderators often remove all posts related to any post that crosses the line. It doesn't mean that your post in particular was inappropriate. But if one of mine is removed, and in this case it was, I try to review it to see what I might have done differently.

In the effected posts I don’t feel that anybody insulted or attacked anybody. We all express our opinions in different ways, but as far as I am concerned the moderators tend to stifle the users resulting in folks quitting.

I don’t think any of us were “hot under the collar” and so none of us needed to “cool off”.

It would apear to me that in this case the moderator needs to “cool off and go practice his horn” instead of “attacking and insulting” us with his deletion post.

Now I fully expect my post to be removed by the moderators and in fact I fully expect them to remove me from the TH. In anticipation of that I removed my 3 “for sale” items.

Cheers
Harry
veery715
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my time here I have seen troublesome posts and contentious threads, but I can honestly say that LittleRusty has always been a positive contributor, and what I have seen from Harry Hilgers shows no evidence of enmity either. I don't really know what brought down the hammer, but I think we can all agree that it's not worth worrying about and we should just move on.

I will continue to sell off my horns through the marketplace as it is the best tool I have found for doing that, and I think you should do the same, Harry.

We can be family and still disagree, no?
Harry Hilgers
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veery715 wrote:
In my time here I have seen troublesome posts and contentious threads, but I can honestly say that LittleRusty has always been a positive contributor, and what I have seen from Harry Hilgers shows no evidence of enmity either. I don't really know what brought down the hammer, but I think we can all agree that it's not worth worrying about and we should just move on.

I will continue to sell off my horns through the marketplace as it is the best tool I have found for doing that, and I think you should do the same, Harry.

We can be family and still disagree, no?

+11
rockford
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve probably owned 150-200 trumpets over 40 years of researching and collecting Bach trumpets. I tried to keep those that were representatives of different design periods. Maybe 40 at one time. I’m down to roughly 20 as I pare down due to potentially downsizing to a smaller home and generally wanting to keep things simpler. I’m keeping the ones I foresee playing or play regularly. Those are on my list on the signature line below.
jondrowjf@gmail.com
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject: Trumpets and cornets Reply with quote

Currently owe two trumpets: Holton 602 silver plated trumpet and a Hamilton trumpet. Both are in the shop. Waiting on estimate on installing 1st slide thumb hook and 3rd slide fixed ring. The 1940s- 1950s? Hamilton doesn't have a 3rd slide throw.

Also have two Shephard's crook cornets; Yamaha 2330 cornet and a Bach 310 cornet. The Bach will arrive tomorrow.

Have owed many cornets and trumpets. Very happy with the instruments I currently have. Decided to quit buying any more instruments to flip.
Yamaha 11 e4 cornet mouthpiece
onlyson
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Keep telling myself I'm all good and then something comes along that I can't ignore. An early '70's Bach Strad 25 here on TH a few months back for example. Near mint at a fantastic price. It's become my everyday player. Or the Large Bore Committee Deluxe that showed up on Craigslist 18 months ago. Had a non-original Handcraft bell so I got that at a great price. Plays like butter. Or the Olds Super Recording I found on Craigslist last week and drove four hours to procure. "You're killing me Smalls!" What's gonna show up next? A mint condition Chicago Benge only played by a little old lady at Sunday services?
1951 Martin Committee Deluxe #3 Bore
ACB Coppernicus
Couesnon Flugel
Carol Pocket Trumpet
*LukeTrpt*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: my horns Reply with quote

Bb: B and S, Strad, Courtois Evolution II, Meinl rotary.
C: Strad, Schagerl Classica rotary, V.F.Cerveny rotary
Eb/D: Yamaha 6610
Eb: Strad
Eb/E: B and S
F: Strad
E/F/G: Schilke
Piccolo: Selmer old, Selmer BLF 365, Kanstul 1520 Bb/A/G, Yamaha C piccolo, Chinese copy of Yamaha 9820
Pocket trumpet: Chaconne (Chinese)
Cornet: King 601, Amati
Baroque: Muenkwitz, Finke coiled
Flugelhorn: Weril, Finke rotary

I regularly lend trumpets to guys in the local symphony orchestra
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is too much fun!
Three Bbs (Schilke X3L (main horn), Yamaha YTR-4335 (play occasionally but want a better backup horn), Olds Ambassador (keep for the memories of childhood)
Pic: Kanstul 920
Baroque: Altenberg
Bass: Mac Brass
Wants: C trumpet, backup Bb

I don't think you can have too many horns for yourself, but you can have too many for your finances and the people that share your space!
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Yamahaguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onlyson wrote:
What's gonna show up next? A mint condition Chicago Benge only played by a little old lady at Sunday services?
I don't think she was very old...
I'll message you!
BGinNJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkolisnyk wrote:
How do you guys maintain all those horns on a regular basis? I get collecting- I used to have a small collection, but it became a real pain to bathe, oil all those valves when I could be spending the valuable free time practicing. And there was no way to really get to know your trumpet when you had another 5 horns competing for your attention.

I am down to 1 good trumpet, 1 good cornet, and a flugelhorn - I don't feel any poorer for it...

It's the same for bikes with me - I have a mountain bike, a cyclocross bike, a road bike, a fixie, and a vintage cruiser bike. That's a lot of tires to keep filled up. Just going for a simple bike ride requires a lot more prep time than if I just had one bike!
... and that's not to mention my wife's and 3 kid's bikes!

I have the same problem with bikes (only 4) and a worse problem with guitars (6!). I pretty much rotate through guitars, but one has a loose jack, one needs a neck adjustment, one needs strings....

Just 3 trumpets: a Carol 5000, King UMI Silver Flair, Carol pocket trumpet. The King is my backup/outdoor gig/trunk horn, but it seems to get played the most and just needed a cleaning. The others probably need the same treatment.
Another horn is tempting, and they're easier to keep around than other toys, but own too many things and they end up owning you!
tptptp
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzbo wrote:
Here ya go !!!

Bach 25LRS ('9
B&S ('80s)
Blackburn ('91)
Benge CG ('77)
Buffet Crampon Paris ('6
Calicchio 3/9
Cannonball 789RL
Carol Legend Heavy
Conn: 38B ('69 & '93), 28B ('55), 22B ('46), 2B ('26), 8B Gustat, 60B,
8B Artist ('64 & '75)
Couesnon Monopole Bb ('50's)
Courtois: 213 Direct Air, Copper Phantom
Mario Corso
Finke 16B
Jupiter 812RL
Galileo Brushed Gold Dolce
Holton: T-102 ('67), T-100X ('85)
Kanstul Mariachi
King: Legend, Silver Flair ('75), Golden Flair ('76), Silver Sonic ('65)
Leblanc Sandoval
Meinl New Connstellation (2)
Rudy Muck Citation ('46)
Olds Recording ('67)
Scherzer Sinfonia TARV ('60s)
Schilke B1
Schiller Rotary
Schmidtco USA Mod 2
Selmer K-Mod ('67)
Stomvi Gold Master Ti
Taylor Chicago Custom
Yamaha 739T
Weril: Gold Excaliber, Brushed Gold Regium

Ozzy

Thank you, Ozzbo, for saving my marriage. She is now slightly less dismayed at my closet full of horns.
I once had 65. Now only 20, or so.
Ozzbo
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tptptp,

Tell your wife I've been with mine for 20 yrs. Most of them happy ones !!!
Whenever I get a bit short tempered around the house, she says "Why don't you get a new horn and get off my case". And I do !!!!
mdiceman
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patdublc wrote:
I actually don't know. I would need to go count them.

...and that would take too much time. WAYYY too much time!

[edit] And now that I think about it, I believe there were more Bb's in your house than in my total amount.

And the more I think about it, I have so many and I can easily blame you!!! At least that's what I tell my wife
It's Pat's fault!
Harry Hilgers
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nkolisnyk wrote:
It's the same for bikes with me - I have a mountain bike, a cyclocross bike, a road bike, a fixie, and a vintage cruiser bike. That's a lot of tires to keep filled up. Just going for a simple bike ride requires a lot more prep time than if I just had one bike!
... and that's not to mention my wife's and 3 kid's bikes!

I have a few Vintage Eddy Merckx Road bikes (57 frame I think) fully Campy equipped that I might let go for a "reasonable" price or maybe swap for a french horn
Andy Del
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, you guys wait until you start scuba diving! After 16 or so amazing years underwater, I am medically on the beach and moving my gear on.

18 tanks from 1 - 50 litre capacity, 2 gas boosters, 3 rebreathers, a dozen regulators, 3 dive computers, 3 backplate/wing setups, soft BCD, scooter, 3 gas analysers, many lift bags, reels, slates, stage rigging sets, twin bands, masks, bottom timers, torches, servicing and diagnostic tools, ultrasonic bath, loupes, 2 drysuits, 3 wetsuits, go-pro setup on helmet for wrecks, powered, tiled, alarmed shed to house it all...

Not to mention port holes, tiles, ampoules, etc etc from wrecks...

50 odd trumpets is NOTHING!

cheers

Andy
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: How many trumpets Reply with quote

Hello all,
Three or one of you, need to buy my B1, B2 and/or Calicchio 1S9...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 6 of 15

Jump to: