• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes Reply with quote

I'm looking for downloadable tunes for a brass trio. It would be nice if they were for Bb, F and a bass clef instrument trio. My group has a couple of trumpet players, a euphonium player in treble clef and a tuba player. I'm playing french horn in the group.

We are bored with classical material and want to spice things up with pop or rock covers. Funk would be great too.

I'm looking for a source that has immediate downloads. With that format, I can load them into Sibelius to adjust and transpose depending on instrumentation requirements. I stick with trios because if people are missing it doesn't affect the ability to perform. But we could stretch to a quartet format too.

If any of you are arrangers, let me know. Thanks all.

King 1130 Flugabone
King 12C mouthpiece
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd check out MuseScore. Tons of amateur writer/arrangers post stuff there. It takes some digging but I've found tons of good music there. You can preview the tunes online, then it's easy to download them via XML into whatever notation software you may use.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes Reply with quote

Quote:
My group has a couple of trumpet players, a euphonium player in treble clef and a tuba player. I'm playing french horn in the group.

Curious...why are u asking for trio music when ur group is a quintet???

Butch
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
Quote:
My group has a couple of trumpet players, a euphonium player in treble clef and a tuba player. I'm playing french horn in the group.

Curious...why are u asking for trio music when ur group is a quintet???

Butch

Quintets are great options when all players are consistent. But what do you do when one member can't make it? Or two? You play trio music so that you can still play.

King 1130 Flugabone
King 12C mouthpiece
maynard-46
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes Reply with quote

Quote:
But what do you do when one member can't make it? Or two? You play trio music so that you can still play.

...and if 4 players can't make it do you play a solo???

Butch
TRUMPE: YAMAHA Lacq. "Shew Gen II" / Legends .585 "CatMaster" Top / KT "TKO" BB / Reeves #5.75 Sleeve.
FLUGELHORN: ADAMS Custom "F1" / Legends .585 "CatMaster FL.
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Brass Trio Pop/Rock Tunes Reply with quote

maynard-46 wrote:
Quote:
But what do you do when one member can't make it? Or two? You play trio music so that you can still play.

...and if 4 players can't make it do you play a solo???

Butch

I had a trad jazz gig with five of us playing. The banjo player stopped playing for some reason. The bass player got lost and stopped. The other horn players missed their entrance and there I was playing all alone doing all the solos and finishing the tune. So yup, sometimes it is solo time. That was our last gig and time to reorganize the group.

King 1130 Flugabone
King 12C mouthpiece
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheiden wrote:
I'd check out MuseScore. Tons of amateur writer/arrangers post stuff there. It takes some digging but I've found tons of good music there. You can preview the tunes online, then it's easy to download them via XML into whatever notation software you may use.

Great idea. I had let my subscription lapse and sort of forgot about it. Thanks.

King 1130 Flugabone
King 12C mouthpiece
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard III wrote:
cheiden wrote:

Great idea. I had let my subscription lapse and sort of forgot about it. Thanks.

I've established an account, you need to if you're going to download anything. But I've never paid for a subscription. I think there may be access to additional features if you do pay a subscription but I've yet to feel the need.
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Richard III
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But I've never paid for a subscription. I think there may be access to additional features if you do pay a subscription but I've yet to feel the need.

There used to be a monthly fee required to download anything. I notice the format has changed also and there seems to be more content. Good for them and us.

King 1130 Flugabone
King 12C mouthpiece
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: