• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

BRASS BAGS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PINCHUNO
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:27 am    Post subject: BRASS BAGS Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone is using the "Brass bags", trumpet gig bags? Opinions?
Also, I just found a website called "Fultone Brass", also from the U.K and they seem to be making an almost exact copy of the Brass Bags model.
Anyone know these makes? Cheers
BuzzFest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Brass Bags and have used them for almost 18 years! I am on my third bag now and would absolutely get one again. That said, there are some things I like to get on my Brass Bag - metal clamps for the backpack and separate backpack straps. Looking at Fultone bags, you're right. It seems they are exact copies of Brass Bags, but with improvements built in.

I would love to hear if anyone else has compared them side by side. For me, it would be a matter of weight - if the Fulton bags are heavier because they are reinforced with wood panelling, for example, they might get too heavy on your back walking through a big airport. One other thing... I like the interior padded pouch in Brass Bags where the Fulton looks like it has two slimmer outer pockets.
lakejw
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Fullerton is having them made by Brass Bags and then putting their logo on. Sort of like the Bags Of Spain/Stomvi deal.

I use a Brass Bags trumpet/flugel, when I need flugel, and a triple trumpet on other days. Being in NYC it's very convenient to do the backpack thing, and they hold everything...mutes, music stand, umbrella, lunch, etc.

johnlakejazz.com
cgaiii
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a three trumpet Brass Bags bag to carry my Baroque/natural trumpet.

I can get the yards and crooks for all four keys as well as the corpus in it safely. I usually only carry two keys around, so there is other space if I want to put a modern trumpet in there or just separate the pieces for the two keys.
It is a great bag but perhaps a little bulky.
Bb Bugle: Kanstul
Bb Pocket: Manchester Brass
Flugel: Taylor Standard
Bass Trumpet: BAC Custom
Natural Tr: Custom Haas replica by Nikolai Mänttäri Morales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: