• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Xeno loose tuning slide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGBand
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject: Yamaha Xeno loose tuning slide Reply with quote

I currently play on a Yamaha Xeno 8335RS 20th Anniversary Bb. I have had a reoccurring issue with the tuning slide being too loose. I have had it adjusted twice. The last time the fixed lasted for about two years. Part of the issue is I tend to need to pull the slide out a good bit and, with the really short top tube, there is not a lot of drag on the slide. Also, I do push the slide in when I put the horn away. That tends to burnish the tightest parts of the tube

I am currently tying some Ultra Pure Heavy slide grease. This works really well when the grease is first applied and also when the slide is not pushed out too far. Played a gig in a really warm room yesterday so the slide was out pretty far and, it seems it was moving again on me.

Anyone else had the same or similar issue, particularly with the Yamaha reverse pipes? What was your solution?
Pic Yahama 6810s
gstump
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some anhydrous lanolin at your drug store or online at Amazon. A small tub will last you a life time. It does not readily breakdown with oil or water.

Gordon Stump
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: