• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Carl Fischer Hora Staccato - any recordings?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert P
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: Carl Fischer Hora Staccato - any recordings? Reply with quote

I ordered a Carl Fischer publication of Hora Staccato. I assumed it would be the "standard" version. However it doesn't resemble any version I've heard people play.

It's a lot longer and includes sections that are an octave higher than people typically play it and ends on a held F over high C.

It starts out in F, goes to D then back to F.

Anyone familiar with this version? Has anyone ever recorded it?
Bundy
Chinese C

Getzen Eterna Bb/A piccolo
Chinese Rotary Bb/A piccolo

Chinese Flugel
ScottA
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say for certain it is the same but the Haken Hardenberger recording on the "At The Beach" disc lists Carl Fischer as the publisher.
LSOfanboy
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Carl Fischer Hora Staccato - any recordings? Reply with quote

Robert P wrote:
I ordered a Carl Fischer publication of Hora Staccato. I assumed it would be the "standard" version. However it doesn't resemble any version I've heard people play.

It's a lot longer and includes sections that are an octave higher than people typically play it and ends on a held F over high C.

It starts out in F, goes to D then back to F.

Anyone familiar with this version? Has anyone ever recorded it?

Phil Cobb on 'Fantasy' plays a version that ends on a high F, albeit a short one, and I think fits your harmonic description. It may not be from the publication you're after, but even if it isn't its worth checking out; what a player!

All the best
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Orchestral/Chamber Music/Solo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: