• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Buescher Slide Cornet Model No. 258 (1920's)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ellisrichman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject: Buescher Slide Cornet Model No. 258 (1920's) Reply with quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3tsnwv8piquuxr/Buescher%20slide%20cornet%20258%20v9.jpg?dl=0

Link above is the full slide cornet image on dropbox.

1926 Buescher Catalogue No. 26:

[/URL]

I've been looking for a nice slide trumpet / soprano trombone to play, although I don't know the instrument (trombone). But thought it would be cool. So I looked at Getzen, Jupiter, etc. and happened upon a Model No. 258 1920's Buescher Slide Cornet (as seen in Buescher catalogue 26). It's in wonderful condition, so I thought I'd ask if our forum could contribute any information about this instrument? Thanks for your comments! By the way, that's my Al Cass MP stuck in there, and check out that Shepard's Crook!
(Note: Photo credit thanks for page from catalog is from Saxaphone.org what a great site!)

Also, here's a few URL's that talk intelligently about slide cornets, which I think are worth reviewing:
https://www.musicforbrass.com/articles/slide-trumpet.html
by Chase Sanborn: Lessons Learned from the Slide Trumpet
…“Because of the infinite tuning capacity of the slide, many alternate positions from different harmonic series are available. Each feels and sounds slightly different, and one may work better than another in the context of a line.”​
ellisrichman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And by the way, this horn plays INCREDIBLY WELL. I fell in love with playing it - can't wait to take some lessons to learn the technique and positions. This is a very high quality serious instrument.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: