• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Into The Woods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CNYTrumpet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Into The Woods Reply with quote

Haven't gotten the book from the music director yet and looking to get a jump on learning this show for an up coming run. Does anyone happen to have the trumpet in c part as a .pdf or know where I can get it?
trpthrld
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done 6 productions of ItW.

There are 2 different versions. Pretty much the same - altho they will NOT work with mixing the parts from the two versions.

Fairly easy show with a bunch of fanfares in different keys. Some guys use picc for the fanfares. I've tried that & it didn't work well enough for me to schlep another horn into the pit.

Here are my show notes. The "Stage cues" as I've indicated will help a lot:

C trumpet. There is also a Bb transposed book.
St., cup, Harmon (no stem), “Felt” (tight) cup (I used a Wick adjustable cup for this show).

All range notes are for C trpt
A bunch of Cs. Two Es.
#35 “The Potion” ms 40-42 opt 8va (Eb) - completely unnecessary

Fairly easy blow. Not until #72 (“Bows/Exit”) are there any challenges, that one in particular being where to breathe.
- Best to tacet 4th beat of every 8th measure - it won’t be missed.

About 2 hr 45 min w/ 15 min halftime.

STAGE CUES:
#4 ms 23 -"Greens"
ms 47 -"Beans"

#27 ms 12 -"Ball"

#31 ms 7 "Children"

#42 ms 11 "Bear"

www.trumpetherald.com/marketplace.php?task=detail&id=146827&s=The-Best-Trumpet-Lead-Pipe-Swab-EVER--

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPWAJqghk24&feature=youtu.be
cheiden
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best advice would be to listen to the original recording and absorb the brilliance that Wilmer Wise brought to the part. Also, the DVD of the original cast is wonderful, a must-have in my book.

This is one of my favorite musicals, not so much from the trumpet part but for the music, orchestration, not to mention the incredible original concept and execution.

Guilty confession, I played an entire run with the local children's theater before director pointed out the that I was playing the iconic fanfare wrong .
Bach 3C rim on 1.5C underpart
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Literature All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: