• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

instrument repair tech

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ohnecael

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject: instrument repair tech Reply with quote

Since Music Ed is crazy expensive and my heart just isnt into it anymore, whats it like at Redwing or Badger state supply? Those seem to be the most popular options out of the bunch and would love to hear about your guys experiences since in good ol' Fort Wayne the only person i know is Triple C music.

Any other options out there i might be missing? Thanks again in advance!
Christian K. Peters
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject: Music instrument repair Reply with quote

Hello,
There is a program in Renton, Washington. I hear that it went from a two year to a 1 year program. I don't know if that is factual. Spending 5 years in a MusEd program can cost some money depending on where you go and how you live. I worked music retail in a mom and pop shop and got to rub elbows with the three techs during those5 years. There was a lot of repetition when it came to ww rebuilds and brass cleanings. It seemed more of a challenge when they got to work on vintage pro horns. One of the techs completely re-tubed my Calicchio, and did a superb job. The horn had leaks everywhere. That was a challenge and an opportunity that most techs don't get. What I was going to say was that if money and autonomy of a program seems appealing, teaching has a lot of rewards. But, if crowds of kids...(herding cats) scares you, find something that feeds your inner strengths. I herded cats for 30 years...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Schools All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: