• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Polishing/Cleaning silver trumpet

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akis94

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Polishing/Cleaning silver trumpet Reply with quote

Hello !!!
I need suggestions
I use for years the polishing cream from yamaha, for my silver trumpet, and i'm really conteted, but i'm reading really good things about the Tarnishield from 3M..
Has anyone tried both?
Thanks in advance
zaferis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarnishield works very well; maybe too well? It takes off the tarnish pretty easily, leaving the silver looking great - however, remember that every time you do this, you're removing some silver.

Recently, "Simichrome Polish" was recommended to me - I like it a lot. Cleans well, and seems to hove some lasting protectiveness to it. Made in Germany, should be available in Europe as well.

To extend the time between polishings-keeping the shine lasting longer, get yourself a soft "microfiber" cloth and use it after you play.
Retired Air Force Bandsman
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other thread moved here, this one locked.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: