• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

La Tomba T2 different formula: two shades of blue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abundrefo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: La Tomba T2 different formula: two shades of blue? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just got an international order from a friend that came from Germany and she brought me 4 bottles of La Tomba T2 oil.

She said the store only had two bottles and they offered to order two more bottles for her. She would pick them up later on her trip. But, looking at the bottles, all have identical labels but the first two that she bought have a darker shade of blue and the other two that the store ordered for her have a lighter shade of blue.

Isn't that bit strange/suspicious?
abundrefo
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've got an answer from the factory:

-------------------------

"Thank you for your message and your interest in La Tromba The Original Valve Oil T2.

We confirm that recently we produced a T2 batch with darker blue than usual. The color of our Valve Oil has nothing to do with the product quality. The only aim of the color is to make a clear distinction between the Valve Oil T2 and the Valve Oil Heavy (red color).

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

Kind regards,
Simon Freiburghaus

--
Chemische Fabrik Schachen AG
Amlehnstrasse 37
CH-6010 Kriens
Telefon +41 (0)41 310 29 47
Telefax +41 (0)41 310 08 82
info@cfs-kriens.ch
www.cfs-kriens.ch"
aaron
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat related - there is now a US-made valve oil also sold under the name "T2": for example see this link.

I recently ordered "T2" online and the US product arrived instead of the original Swiss one. Unfortunately they are not the same. Buyer beware, especially online.
Don Herman rev2
'Chicago School' Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does it work? The advert is pretty clear that is is a USA-made copy of the original Swiss T2.
aaron
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This ad says:
Quote:
Its formula is long lasting and virtually identical to the Swiss-made original T2 oil.

I hate to be cynical, but when an ad says "virtually identical" that actually means it's not the same formula! Just my $0.02 as someone who has used Swiss T2 for years. It does not look the same, smell the same or have the same viscosity and (unsurprisingly) it does not work the same.
ws tpt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject: T2 Reply with quote

I tried the original Swiss made T2 years ago and recently received a bottle of the T2 La Tromba AG with a Carol Brass trumpet I purchased. I have also been using the Superslick T2 (US copy). The La Tromba T2 lasts just a bit longer than the SuperSlick product, but since the Supersclick is easier to get. I tend to favor this. I do not like the longer needle on the Swiss product, a minor issue, I know, but after opening, if not sealed tightly, the bottle leaks slightly.YMMV.

All the best,
WS Tpt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Other Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: