• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

lips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarrelainen
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I'm doing the roll-in/lip clamp, I get the feeling of air being being "puffed" under my upper lip? is this a good sign that I'm doing something right or?

Well, anyways I could play with this setting very easily/effortless, even though I have a hard time playing below first line E in the staff.
feels like my lips or too closed together, any ideas how to do low playing? rolling out??

well, can't wait until i get to order the BE book...

take care, and thanks in advance
HJ
Veteran Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand you do not have the book yet. That could be a little dangerous, I would say don't do too much. Jeff almost said it all in the book, and I think you would not have asked this question if you had the book. But since I am here anyway, I can tell you: air pockets (puffing the lip) are a means to an end, in other words, if they are useful at a certain stage use them, and if they stay the rest of your life and you are sounding great, who cares about your lips or cheeks? Most of the time a little pocket of air in bottom or upper lip make it much easier to play rolled in.

I just discovered that I, myself have to make a bigger air pocket in my bottom lip to make the roll-in easier, and in my normal playing, I am using a bit of a pocket too now.

But, again, I hope you get the book soon, read it thouroughly and try to get the basic idea.

Regards, Bert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> The Balanced Embouchure All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: