• FAQ  • Search  • Memberlist  • Usergroups   • Register   • Profile  • Log in to check your private messages  • Log in 

Yamaha Xeno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
liscagle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Yamaha Xeno Reply with quote

How do the Yamaha Xeno 8335 and 8345 models compare?
dstdenis
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while, but I play-tested both when I was shopping a few years ago. I thought the 8445 was easy to play and felt more open than the 8335. The slots seemed wider than the 8335. I felt I wasn't as used to the intervals on the 8445, and as a result, I wasn't as well in tune as I was with the 8335. I attributed that to the wider slots and the fact that I just wasn't used to the blow. I thought it was generally a good horn.

After playing lots of makes and models, I settled on an 8335IIS with yellow brass bell, ML bore, standard leadpipe and silver finish. I'm still really happy with it several years later. The blow, response, intonation, resistance and sound are just what I look for in a trumpet.

But different strokes for different folks—I think the 8445 could be a good choice for someone looking for those characteristics. Play-test both if you get a chance and see what you think.
Piccolo Stomvi
Yamahaguy
Heavyweight Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8335 is a .459 bore
8345 is a .462 bore
Post new topic   Reply to topic    trumpetherald.com Forum Index -> Horns All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: